- Pay Rate:
Up to £50.00 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Interim Regulatory Compliance Officer – Food & Safety
Reference no: Warrington 0008 7E92 / 1
Pay Rate: Up to £50.00 per hour PAYE depending on experience
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
The purpose of the role is to work in the Business Compliance team enforcing Food Hygiene Legislation and (subject to experience) other related regulatory functions as required. Undertake a full range of food hygiene inspections in line with the food law code of practice.
- Visit, inspect and report on all premises allocated for inspection by the officer where food hygiene legislation applies in accordance with the Food Law Code of Practice (England) and the Food Standard Food Hygiene Rating Scheme Brand Standard.
- Investigate complaints and monitor all types of works in progress at relevant premises, including conducting revisits in accordance with the Food Law Code of Practice.
- Assist in the training of other officers.
- Undertake advice visits, offer business advice, guidance and support to encourage compliance, including where necessary instigating formal action.
- Undertake Food Hygiene Rating Scheme re-inspections as required.
- Contribute to wider service objectives as required and to assist in providing a flexible and responsive regulatory service.
- Such other duties as may be allocated from time to time by the Business Compliance Team Manager.
- Liaising with team colleagues, other Local Authorities, Government agencies, statutory & voluntary bodies, other departments, the commercial sector and the general public as required.
- Offer business advice, guidance and support to encourage compliance, including where necessary instigating formal action.
- Participate in compliance and enforcement work and be able to identify contraventions and secure compliance including providing appropriate advice, undertaking revisits, escalating issues to managers appropriately and obtaining, recording and presenting evidence where required.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Environmental Health Registration Board registration or
- Chartered Status at the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health or equivalent qualification that will enable them to undertake the full range of food hygiene interventions identified in the Food Law Code of Practice.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Evidence of an advanced level of knowledge and application of the legislation governing food safety and health & safety.
- Evidence of a proven track record of working effectively with partners and stakeholders.
- Experience of delivering high standards of customer care.
- Substantial experience of regulation and enforcement.
- Experience of handling and protecting sensitive and confidential information.
Skills & Abilities:
- Highly developed interpersonal skills in order to be able to effectively communicate, negotiate with and influence a wide range of people including customers, partners, stakeholders and elected members.
- Ability to produce reports, instructions and written documents in clear and concise terms and within required timescales.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively plan and prioritise a wide variety of tasks and competing demands using own initiative to agreed deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to quickly understand and use a range of information technology.
- Skilled in working as part of a team to achieve common goals and successful outcomes.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Regulatory Compliance Officer – Food & Safety
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.