- Pay Rate:
£10.79 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
- CHOPPINGTON, Northumberland,
Temporary Refuse Loader – Waste Services
Reference no: Northumberland 6155314599533
Pay rate: £10.79 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
City: CHOPPINGTON, Northumberland
A Refuse and Recycling Loader is required to collect refuse and recycling waste from across the Borough.
- Travel with the refuse collection vehicle to and from collection area or refuse disposal point as scheduled.
- Collect and load all manageable household, industrial and commercial waste.
- Place bins to be emptied at the kerbside making sure no vehicular access is blocked and minimum obstructions to pedestrians, householders or vehicles and then return, ensuring no access is blocked.
- Assist other loaders with heavy bins and loads.
- Undertake a visual inspection of and where necessary reject contaminated bins for the recycling, glass, textile, garden or residual waste streams in line with Council policies.
- Operate powered bin lifting mechanisms in a safe and correct manner in accordance with guidelines and Health and Safety procedures.
- Collect any refuse spillage that occurs from either bins or vehicles to prevent road hazards.
- Communicate with the public in a polite and courteous manner and provide necessary information about the refuse and recycling collection service.
- Act as banksmen assisting the driver, watching out for any dangers which could develop for other road users, parked cars, children and pedestrians. Advise team leader of any missing or defective bins, contamination, overfilled, heavy, difficulties of access or other problems.
- Ensure compliance with Council policies and Health and Safety procedures when loading and emptying bins, travelling on vehicle and whilst on site.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Awareness of Health and Safety issues in relation to Manual Handling.
- Experience of using refuse trucks' lifting/emptying machinery desirable.
- Must be physically fit and able to work outside in all weathers.
- Ability to work on own initiative and work as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain work written records.
- Ability to communicate effectively with service users.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Refuse Loader – Waste Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.