- Pay Rate:
£18.06 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
17.50, Monday – Friday, part-time hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Islington, London,
Temporary Referral Officer (Admin & Clerical) (P/T)
Reference no: Islington RQ792437
Pay Rate: £18.06 per hour PAYE
A Referral Officer is needed to act as the first point of contact for members of the public and professionals from partner agencies in the CSCT contact and referral process, but also signposting to other services within the organisation.
You will support CSCT Managers, Social Workers, and MASH partner agency professionals in gathering relevant information from referrers, ensuring this information is inputted accurately and efficiently on our electronic system to allow prompt and effective decisions to safeguard and promote the welfare of children.
- Take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young person’s / vulnerable adults in the care of the service, including undertaking regular Child Protection training at a level commensurate with role.
- Create, maintain and improve administrative systems to enable the service to meet its aims of delivering a high quality service to children and families.
- Work co-operatively with the CSCT Team Manager, Deputy Team Managers, Social Workers, and MASH partners to ensure the team meets its aim of ensuring contacts receive a rapid and appropriate response.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with other teams within Children’s Social Care, other departments and clients referred to the service.
- Deal sensitively with enquiries or telephone messages, logging calls accurately and alerting social work staff or managers immediately to any issues requiring immediate attention.
- Carry out the skilled processing of contacts, ensuring accuracy throughout.
- Liaise with social work staff and managers to ensure contact information is up-to-date and screening information is accurate.
- Use appropriate databases, Microsoft Office, and other ICT systems to produce reports, spreadsheets and other documents as required supporting the service and assist others in the use of information technology systems when required.
- Follow guidelines to produce standard written or electronic responses to enquiries from family members or professionals to tight deadlines.
- Undertake support tasks on projects as required.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Experience providing administrative support in a busy environment.
- Significant experience in an administrative role.
- Experience of providing diary management support and minuting meetings to a good standard.
- Experience of using Microsoft office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to an advanced level.
- Displays an awareness, understanding and commitment to the protection and safeguarding of children and young people.
- Knowledge and understanding of Children’s Social Care, London Child Protection Procedures, and Working Together to Safeguard Children.
- A good understanding of children’s services.
- A basic understanding about how to respond to concerns about a child.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- The ability to process information accurately when working under pressure.
- Ability to work co-operatively and flexibly with others to deliver an effective support service by maintaining positive working relationships with staff and partner agencies.
- Excellent organisational skills and experience of managing own workload, and effectively dealing with competing demands to meet deadlines.
- Ability to create and maintain administrative systems for the effective collation and monitoring of performance information in a busy environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written, communication and presentation skills including the ability to explain complex information clearly and accurately.
- Ability to support and adapt to change effectively.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Referral Officer (Admin & Clerical) (P/T)
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.