- Pay Rate:
£18.28 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- LADYWELL, LONDON,
Temporary Recycling Officer
Reference no: Lewisham 0007 7D1E / 1
Pay rate £18.28 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
To support the service areas within Street Environment Services by suggesting changes to current practices, procedures and policies identified through resident contact (casework, resident satisfaction surveys, and other correspondence)
- To assist officers and managers in the Street Environment Service to implement the Councils Waste Strategy, service developments and the achievements of the Councils, departmental and customer objectives regarding recycling, waste reduction and minimization.
- To provide an efficient and organised support which is responsive to the needs of the service area as identified by the Strategic Waste and Environment Manager, using appropriate information technology, including the Council’s Customer Relations Management and iCasework systems.
- To assist in the implementation of action plans that translate the Council’s overall strategic objectives into operational initiatives to ensure that the Council meets its statutory requirements and local targets regarding recycling and to take measures to implement waste reduction and minimization practices.
- To assist the Waste Strategy Team to manage waste awareness and education services as and when required.
- To provide administration support to the Waste Strategy Team including responding to complaints through various means, typing reports and memos, taking minutes, arranging meetings.
- To maintain operational information and performance monitoring. To correlate and analyse data received and provide various statistics related to the work of the recycling operations, using Excel, Word, Customer Relations Management (CRM) and Icasework systems.
- Engage with Lewisham residents to raise the profile of Council waste and recycling services, in particular with food waste and recycling collections to encourage greater participation in those services.
- Manage and enforce the Council’s waste contamination policy, ensuring that contamination levels are monitored and reduced as much as possible through engagement and education including working with drivers and crews to ensure compliance throughout the borough.
- Carry out any other duties within the scope of the post and retain a flexible approach in order to respond to the variable requirements of Street Environment Services. This role will on occasion require the capacity to work outside normal office hours and to attend evening meetings across the borough.
- To attend and participate in meetings and functions (which may occur in the evenings or weekends) and conduct presentations where necessary
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to a good quality
- Knowledge of Lewisham and its communities
- Knowledge of working in waste areas
- Knowledge of office management procedures and systems
- Understanding of the role and functions of local government
- Broad experience of ICT, including Microsoft Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Word to a high standard
- Experience of creating, managing and using Excel databases
- Previous Waste Experience
- Ability to remain calm and professional when working under pressure
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.