- Pay Rate:
£11.33 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1 month until further notice
- Chelmsford, Essex,
Temporary Recycling Centre Site Operative – Waste Services
Reference no: Essex 8020
Pay Rate: £11.33 per hour PAYE
Operational field-based work
Working as part of a team and under the instruction of the site supervisor, the Recycling Centre for Household Waste (RCHW) Site Operative will contribute towards safe and efficient site operations ensuring the site is clean, tidy and free from risk or accidents and incidents. They will assist members of the public in a friendly and professional manner, providing information and direction as needed.
Assist with all aspects of site operations ensuring that adequate and safe information is given to the sub-contractors / hauliers for the loads to be consigned and that the correct instructions are issued, helping to ensure that all traffic / waste movements and Safe Systems of work are strictly adhered to at all times.
- Completion of routine tasks on a daily/weekly basis as defined by the site supervisor and Line Manager, including ensuring the site is clean, safe, and tidy and that equipment is inspected, and supplies are kept clean and in good working order.
- Assist with the supervision and preparation for the safe movement of waste containers while ensuring the safety of the public.
- Help with the administrative tasks within the waste management processes, paperwork, compliance processes, quality assurance and other related documentation using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Responsible for ensuring daily inspections are carried out to the required standard and are recorded appropriately in accordance with the Environmental Permit and Operating Procedures and ensure all defects are recorded and reported to the appropriate person; report any accidents/incidents and potential hazards that occur on site.
- To carry out any other duties commensurate with the post as required to meet the needs of the service.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Minimum GCSE (or equivalent by experience) in English and Maths or NVQ level 2.
- Full driving licence with 2 years’ experience.
- IOSH Working Safely or equivalent safety accreditation is desirable.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience – Experience of working within the waste industry and a forward-facing customer environment.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with the public, and remain calm in challenging situations.
- Ability to work without supervision as well as part of a team, good administration skills.
- Punctual and hardworking. Able to stay calm in difficult situations. Willingness to adapt and develop skill sets and knowledge as determined by the post. General good health, able to work on foot for lengthy periods of time
- Able to start early morning shifts. Ability to respond to out of hours operational and customer emergencies, on rare or infrequent occasions. ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Recycling Centre Site Operative – Waste Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.