- Pay Rate:
£11.18 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 - 3 months
- Plymouth, Devon,
Full Job Title: Temporary Recycling Assistant - Manual Labour
Reference no: Plymouth RQ775235
Pay Rate: £11.18 per hour PAYE
To assist members of the public to dispose of or recycle a variety of household waste.
To comply with Standard Operating Procedures and Health & Safety within an operational environment.
Duties to include:
- Assist and advise the public who visit the recycling centre on where they need to go to recycle certain items
- Use electronic payment systems and processes to complete customer transactions
- Ensure that members of the public using the facilities do so in a safe manner avoiding risk or injury
- Safe manual handling and disposal of materials, including those that are hazardous, in accordance with Health & Safety legislation
- Responsible for cleaning any locations where spillages have taken place and ensure that all areas of the site are kept clean and tidy. Report defects, hazards or unsafe working practice to the manager
- Assist in the control and direction of all traffic and users of the facility.
- Assist members of the public and recycling agents in receiving and segregating a variety of household waste
- Ensure customer standards are adhered to at all times.
- Carry out other duties appropriate to the grade of the post
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Functional skills in English and Maths level 1, and/or the ability to follow straight forward oral and written instructions and keep basic work records
- Knowledge of Health and Safety in an operational environment
- Knowledge of customer care standards
- Knowledge of Road Traffic Legislation and Safety
- Trained in Asbestos Awareness
- Knowledge and experience of undertaking a variety of manual tasks within the recycling facility
- Trained in Manual Handling
- Functional skills in English and Maths Level 2, or equivalent (desirable)
- NVQ Level 2 Waste Management (desirable)
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and COSHH (desirable)
- Knowledge of recyclable materials (desirable)
- Knowledge of vehicle safety within a front-line service area (desirable)
- Full driving license (desirable)
- Experience of labouring work or heavy manual work
- Experience in delivering high standards of customer care
- Experience of working in a waste-based environment
- Experience of undertaking a variety of manual tasks in a recycling facility
- Experience of Health & Safety in an operational environment
- Experience of undertaking a variety of manual tasks in a recycling facility (desirable)
- Experience of handling Hazardous Waste (desirable)
- Communication skills required to exchange information with both staff and members of the public where tact and diplomacy will be required
- Skills to use specialist equipment with precision to move recyclable materials, for example fridges, freezers and furniture
- Physical skills required to lift, pull, and push items at periodic times of the day
- Required to offer solutions to straightforward problems, making assessments of waste delivered to see if the waste can be accepted
- Ability to use payment systems
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Recycling Assistant - Manual Labour
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.