- Pay Rate:
£11.60 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Friday - Monday & Thursday, 09:00 - 16:00
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Temporary Recycling Advisor - Waste Management
Reference no: Leicestershire TCL 0006 4DEC / 1
Pay Rate: £11.60 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 35 Friday - Monday & Thursday, 09:00 - 16:00
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Across all sites in Leicestershire.
Assist and advise customers to dispose of waste materials at RHWS, whilst maximising site recycling rates.
- Assist and advise with the recycling and disposal of waste materials at all RHWS, offering to show or help customers rather than tell them the correct place to deposit their waste
- Ensure waste streams are not mixed, and are separated correctly
- Maintain and ensure clean loads of recyclates before sending to disposal point and that loads that leave the site are not contaminated
- Maintain RHWS services in accordance with Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental management systems and follow health and safety procedures and safe systems of work
- Maintain compliance with all legislative requirements including the site operating and environmental licences
- Maintain a clean and tidy work environment
- Check permits for vans and trailers, or for permitted waste
- Ensure maintenance schedules are adhered to
- Ensure data is correctly entered when completing requisitions and tonnage returns
- Identify opportunities to improve customer service and recycling rates
- Communicate with customers, responding to queries or complaints. Build effective relationships through customer contact and consistency of approach in all customer communications
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
**Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Applying Health and Safety directives to work tasks, by following Safe Systems of Work
- Working in the waste industry or a similar manual working environment
- Working with customers face to face
- Team working
- Working in an environment where Health and Safety is a key concern
Skills & Abilities:
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills
- Able to drive and have access to a vehicle.
- Competent to operate fixed and mobile plant
- Customer focussed
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Recycling Advisor - Waste Management
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.