- Pay Rate:
£16.35 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
- NEWHAM, LONDON,
Recruitment & Employment Officer - HR
Reference no: Newham RQ743607
Pay rate £16.35 per hour PAYE
Delivering recruitment transactional services and Employment Compliance that ensures and improves customer satisfaction at all levels
- Providing timely support to managers and employees on recruitment and Employment compliance queries
- Manage and resolve recruitment and employment queries from managers and employees, creating a positive experience for the customer.
- Work alongside the Senior Recruitment and Employment officers in relation to new starters DBS, right to work etc. Procedures.
- Responsible for supporting managers in this process through coaching and advising them through the Oracle Recruiting Cloud Module of Fusion.
- Ensure that resourcing requirements are processed in a timely way within agreed standards.
- Exercise a good understanding of the legal requirements for preparing and issuing contracts, processing internal and external recruitment, and other HR activities.
- Maintain performance recording databases in respect of all recruitment and selection reviewing systems in order to assist the Recruitment and Employment
- Lead with preparing quarterly performance data, and other statutory returns relating to Recruitment and Employee Compliance.
- Ensuring recruitment is processed and that the council policy is covered and adhered too, and that all potential employees are subject to adequate checking and compliance processes, including robust scrutiny of professional registration and qualification checks.
- Administer a range of procedures
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Relevant professional level Qualification/Certification
- Knowledge of recruitment and selection procedures, systems and HR, particularly those applicable in a local government setting
- Demonstrate good knowledge and commitment to diversity and equality in the workplace
- Experience of working efficiently, effectively and accurately in a complex and busy recruitment/HR setting
- Experience of dealing effectively with customers face to face and on the telephone
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and manage a significant and varied workload with competing demands
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Recruitment & Employment Officer - HR
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.