- Pay Rate:
£16.35 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- ROMFORD, London,
Full Job Title: Temporary Recruitment & Employment Officer – HR
Job Reference: Havering RQ743657
Pay Rate: £16.35 per hour PAYE
Newham, Havering. The post holder must be flexible and work across council sites.
Deliver recruitment transactional services and Employment Compliance that ensures and improves customer satisfaction at all levels.
Provide an efficient and effective Recruitment and Employment support service liaising with, Transactional Payroll, Employee and Establishment teams, as well as HR colleagues as appropriate in order to provide a seamless service to managers and customers.
Deliver day to day operational recruitment support to staff and managers.
Ensuring full compliance with the relevant policies, procedures and legislation that impacts employment status for new and existing employees.
Provide high quality and consistent advice, support and process management in a cost effective and efficient way that positively impacts customer efficiency and confidence.
Follow up with Employees and Managers that require a new or updated compliance check.
Exercise best practice and demonstrate a good understanding of the legal requirements for preparing and issuing contracts, processing internal and external recruitment, and other HR activities.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Knowledge & Experience:
- The need to be proficient in developing and implementing effective HR recruitment and selection processes, assessments and be able to evaluate their success.
- Detailed working knowledge of recruitment and selection procedures, systems and HR, particularly those applicable in a local government setting.
- Detailed knowledge of the latest developments and best practice in recruitment and relevant employment legislation.
- Demonstrate good knowledge and commitment to diversity and equality in the workplace including how effective recruitment can impact on the workforce profile.
- Experience of working efficiently, effectively and accurately in a complex and busy recruitment/HR setting.
- Line Management experience.
- Experience of dealing effectively with customers face to face and on the telephone.
- Experience in implementing a range of recruitment and selection methods
- Specific Skills required for this Role:
- Ability to develop and maintain a positive working climate, good morale and cooperation respecting diverse backgrounds.
- Readiness to identify and implement ways of improving the overall quality, efficiency and effectiveness of their own work, and the work of their team or service.
- Commitment to listen and value customers’ needs, suggestions and feedback while recognising differences among customers.
- Ability to make sound judgments on the information available and present it to diverse audiences in a clear and concise manner.
- Willingness to challenge unacceptable behaviours in others and act upon concerns of inequality and discriminatory behaviour.
- Ability to manage and motivate staff.
- Ability to prepare simple reports and documents.
- Ability to develop and maintain good, productive working relationships with managers and HR colleagues in a highly customer focused environment.
- ICT Skills:
- Detailed working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and/or access in order to input and manipulate data.
- Experience of using Microsoft databases/spreadsheets.
- Ability to assist in the implementation of recruitment ICT solutions and to learn and use new systems quickly.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Recruitment & Employment Officer – HR
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.