- Pay Rate:
£263.59. per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
- Croydon, London,
Interim Quantity Surveyor
Reference no: Croydon 6820-1
Pay Rate: £263.59. per day PAYE
This opening assignment is for 2 months
The purpose of the role is to provide professional and cost-effective quantity surveying service both pre and post works contract across the Capital Delivery Team.
- Reviewing and interrogation of contractor quotations with drawings and measured works.
- Visiting sites to gain further understanding of the works and review contactor monthly payment applications.
- Providing cost advice to officers across the service regarding works/projects, contract term, quotes, rates, costs, tenders, and variations.
- Undertake cost analysis, market testing and valued engineering exercises across all work streams.
- Review commercial submissions of tenders and complete tender analysis reports.
- Review contractor quotations as part of the section 20 process.
- Review and approval of complex applications/variation order against established basket rates and NHF schedule of rates, scopes of works and other pricing schedules to ensure cost control and value delivery.
- Overseeing the contract administration process is completed in line with the contracts and construction act - processing applications / payments, raising, and issuing certificate and processing invoices for payment.
- Monitoring of the day-to-day spend on capital contracts in Housing.
- Provide reports to Head of Service to facilitate commercial reporting, contract and governance reporting.
- Collates indexation calculations for programmes in January annually to submitted to the commercial lead to review and approve issue to each contractor ready for the start of the new financial year.
- Completes the calculation of variable profit for allocated programmes for strategic review by commercial lead to issue payment assessment.
- Undertake regular basket & schedule of rates review and annual open book review across contracts.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Driving licence.
- CSR card.
- Working knowledge of PSA – schedule of rates.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Quantity Surveyor experience
- Good communication skills
- RCAS Registered - Desirable ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.