- Pay Rate:
Up to £12.69 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
- Oxford, Oxfordshire,
Temporary Quality & Improvement Support Officer x 2
Reference no: Oxfordshire 5234021
Pay Rate: Up to £12.69 per hour PAYE depending on experience
37 hours Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
City: Oxford, Oxfordshire
Hybrid working available
Basic DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role
The postholder will support operational contract management and improvement activities to ensure high quality, value and performance of providers of Health, Education and Social Care services. These activities will include monitoring services and compliance with regulations, provider development and enabling effective commercial practice. They will work flexibly across the following tiers of need through a matrix management arrangement, based on priorities and workload as determined by Quality & Improvement Managers.
- To support the monitoring of quality, value and performance of providers delivering Health, Education and Social Care services, particularly in relation to contract management support and financial administration.
- Assist Quality & Improvement Officers in specific activities to address areas of provider underperformance, including documenting and co-ordinating development action plans.
- Source, collate and analyse relevant data on providers to monitor their compliance with regulations, contracts or service agreements.
- Identify areas of poor performance, risks and issues in relation to providers and bring these to the attention of Quality and Improvement Officers and Managers.
- Source, collate and analyse relevant data on providers to measure quality, value and performance according to agreed measures and processes.
- Assist Quality & Improvement Officers and Managers in enabling, building and maintaining effective working relationships with individual suppliers and the wider market.
- Collect and maintain timely, accurate and robust data for the Quality and Improvement function on quality, value, performance and costs of providers and the wider market.
- Undertake general administration activities required for the Quality and Improvement function, including meeting co-ordination and document preparation.
- Plan and undertake engagement with service users, carers and families on the commissioned services they receive in order to support review and improvement of service provision.
- Assist Quality & Improvement Officers with local, regional and national research, benchmarking and sharing of good practice across providers, encouraging innovation, creativity and continuous improvement in commissioned services.
- Ensure that children and vulnerable adults are safeguarded at all times and in line with current legislation, and where appropriate to report areas of concern.
- Support the development and implementation of effective commercial practice with specific providers, including streamlined financial arrangements and administration.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Understanding of the purpose, value and effective delivery of operational contract management within the overall commissioning cycle.
- Ability to gather and analyse data on contract quality, value and performance using a range of sources, including service user engagement, to support quality and improvement activities.
- Knowledge of approaches to contract management and provider development, including addressing underperformance, building capacity and strengthening operational practice.
- Foundational skills in commercial and financial acumen to support monitoring of costs and assessing value for money and efficiencies.
- Broad knowledge of the purpose, policies and key legislation in relation to adults and/or children’s services.
- Ability to communicate effectively, build strong relationships and work flexibly with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Quality & Improvement Support Officer x 2
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.