- Pay Rate:
£16.82 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday to Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4 months
- GREENWICH, London,
Temporary Qualified Anatomical Pathology Technician
Reference no: Greenwich RQ1123618
Pay rate: £16.82 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 35 Monday to Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4 months
City: GREENWICH, London
Rate is negotiable for the right candidates – please state pay expectation clearly on your CV
A Qualified Anatomical Pathology Technician is required to work under the direction of the Mortuary Manager and carry out autopsies, liaise with all stakeholders and keep all mortuary records / processes updated. Ensure your actions and the mortuary complies with all legislation and guidance in accordance with the Human Tissue Act 2004 all other relevant legislation, guiding principles and codes of practice. Support the Inner London South (ILS) Coroner Service, and the four Consortium boroughs. Participate and deliver a sensitive, caring and dignified service for the deceased, those bereaved, visitors and stakeholders on behalf of the council and neighbouring authorities. These services include but are not limited to: post-mortems, stock control, maintaining records, management and maintenance of plant and equipment, safety management, facilities and grounds management, and key holder and responsibility for site security.
- Act in accordance with the Human Tissue Act 2004, any subsequent updates and all other relevant legislation, guiding principles and codes of practice as directed. These services include but are not limited to: maintaining sterile and hygienic conditions throughout the building including the cleaning all associated tools and equipment. Post mortems, stock control, maintaining records and implementing visual inspection of plant and equipment before use to ensure compliance to health and safety to assist with the delivery and management of the service.
- In accordance with the Mortuary Management instruction, carry out the evisceration of the deceased, and advanced techniques as required. Undertake routine, forensic and specialist technical autopsy work and advanced techniques as required in the presence of the Pathologist. Assist with forensic, special and defence post-mortem examinations. Record and update all associated records relating to toxicology tasks.
- Implement, audit, check, monitor and record all activities in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures and HTA requirement including the regular care and dignity of the deceased relating to body condition, location, infection control keeping all records updated for audit control.
- Under the direction of the Mortuary Management support them with control for mortuary provision, and related areas of work and with the mortuary response to mass fatality and excess deaths incidents.
- In the absence of the Assistant Mortuary Manager, undertake duties relating to the reception, identification, viewing, storage and release of bodies, update all paper-based and IT register/systems. Ensure particular attention is paid to the security and return of valuables including the conduct of persons visiting the Mortuary for the purpose of delivering or collecting bodies.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge and awareness of recent developments in HTA and Pathology regulations.
- Provide anatomical pathology assistance to colleagues and pathologists.
- Be computer literate as the role can involve the use of Microsoft packages.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Must hold a RSPH Level 3 Diploma Anatomical Pathology Technology (or significant experience post level 3 qualification in an autopsy active Hospital/public mortuary) or pre 2015 certificate and diploma in Anatomical Pathology Technology.
- Can consider applicants who are currently in year 2 of an APT qualification.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Experience of working within a team in a Mortuary front-line service area within a local authority or the private sector and dealing with the public in a caring and courteous manner.
- An understanding of Mortuary Processes and Customer Care within the Mortuary and Bereavement Service Industries.
Skills & Abilities:
- Motivated and able to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Able to use specialised tools, instruments, equipment and plant relating to the Mortuary activities.
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills both verbally and in writing.
- Well organised and able to present to clinical staff and accommodate the needs of a highly skilled team.
- Ability to remain professional and respectful of others at all times.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Qualified Anatomical Pathology Technician
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.