- Pay Rate:
£10.19 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
22.20 – days/working hours tbc
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Full Job Title: PT Temporary Business Admin Support Assistant – Resources
Reference no: E Cheshire 5208387
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
To provide administrative support within a service team to ensure that administrative processes related to the work of the team are efficiently and effectively delivered.
- Deal with enquiries and incoming calls within defined limits from colleagues and the public (Cheshire East Standards) and refer as necessary to members of staff to ensure consistency of treatment of such enquiries.
- Undertake specific administrative tasks e.g. make appointments, draft correspondence, type letters and arrange meetings to facilitate the effective operation of the team.
- Input and maintain monitoring and data analysis systems in relation to children and families to ensure the provision of accurate and up to date information for effective management decisions to be taken.
- Prepare agendas and take minutes of meetings and ensure distribution and follow up work is completed within timescales in order that the time of the team is used efficiently and effectively.
- Maintain administrative and financial systems that ensure the smooth running of the service area.
- Ensure that systems connected with the work of the team are properly operated, problem areas identified and suggestions for improvement made so as to ensure optimum efficiency and effectiveness
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- NVQ level 3, or equivalent, in a relevant field
- Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent office administration experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- Experience working in an office environment, including customer care
- Understanding of data protection, freedom of information and confidentiality requirements
- Awareness of administrative and business support processes
- Skills & Abilities:
- Literacy skills – able to accurately produce a range of correspondence and reports etc.
- Numeracy skills – able to accurate financial records etc.
- Good interpersonal and listening skills – able to develop professional working relationships with a wide range of individuals/ organisations
- Written and verbal communication skills – able to exchange information to inform others
- Organisation and planning skills – able to prioritise administrative work and manage diaries
- Able to produce accurate minutes and summarise complex discussions
- Resilient – able to professionally and appropriately handle emotionally demanding information relating to service users
- ICT Skills: Good ICT skills – proficient in use of databases and/or Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook) or equivalent
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- *** Other Work-Related Requirements:
- Flexible approach to work
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout the borough
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
PT Temporary Business Admin Support Assistant – Resources
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.