- Pay Rate:
Up to £19.20 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
20 days and hours flexible
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- Coalville, Leicestershire,
Temporary PT Systems & Capital Accountant – Financial Services
Job Ref: NW Leicestershire TCL 5244745
Pay Rate: Up to £19.20 per hour PAYE depending on experience
Hours per week: 20 days and hours flexible
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
City: Coalville, Leicestershire
Remote working available – candidates must be available to collect equipment from the Council Offices in Coalville.
The purpose of the role is to provide effective systems and accounting support to deliver high quality, cost effective and customer focused services which maximise the use of technology in delivering a first class finance function and the contribution of the Council’s assets.
- To act as the administrator of the financial systems and to take responsibility for general ledger reporting.
- Coordinate and oversee the financial management of the councils capital programmes.
- Lead the provision of services in respect of all insurance matters including arrangements for ensuring adequate cover is in place, timely administration of claims and contract procurement and management.
- Support the creation of the council tax base.
- Support the submission of government returns with the production of data and information from systems.
- Champion excellent management of financial resources, promoting probity, efficiency, high performance and overall value for money with service areas.
- Support key projects with the provision of financial advice and reports.
- Undertake capital accounting as part of the production of the annual statement of accounts.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- AAT qualified or equivalent, with a minimum of three years post qualification experience within a financial environment or with substantial relevant experience.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- High and proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to work methodically and to a high level of accuracy.
- Experience of managing financial ICT/software systems.
- Experience of budget monitoring and interpreting and advising on financial data.
- Understanding of internal recharging systems.
- Familiar with different accounting software systems.
- Experience of systems administration and systems implementation, development, adaptation and design.
- Good technical accounting knowledge combined with in depth understanding of double entry accounting.
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of statutory accounting and reporting requirements.
- Good understanding of general accounting principles.
- Ability to interpret and advise on financial and performance data.
- Experience at an advanced level of a range of office software systems e.g. MS Office Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint or equivalents.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
PT Systems & Capital Accountant – Financial Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.