- Pay Rate:
£277.20 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
21.75 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- NEWHAM, LONDON,
PT Speech & Language Therapy Practice & Partnership Consultant
Reference no: Newham RQ779377
Pay rate £277.20 per day PAYE
To develop and a specialist speech therapy service for autism as part of wider educational service
- Supporting the Head of SEND and other managers in education in the development, delivery and review of planning, performance, commissioning and governance of services for children, young people with Autism and Developmental Language Disorder and/or on the social communication pathway for these areas of need.
- Supporting the Head of SEND in leading and influencing constructive discussions and decisions about the Redesign of SLT services to provide an integrated offer for families, from assessment to intervention (Newham WSoA 2021), with a particular focus on the best use of public funds from a Local Authority perspective.
- Shape a future proof a data informed speech and language offer for autism and developmental language disorder, work with partners to build and secure an education informed social practice model with specialist advisory teachers, practitioners and other professionals in Newham schools.
- Present and articulate the key messages, in relation to Redesign of SLT services to provide an integrated offer for families, from assessment to intervention, from a Local Authority perspective, in a range of public and political fora
- Strategically develop clear pathways of support for universal, targeted and specialist assessment and intervention working within a capacity building model within education
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Advanced Qualification in Speech and Language Therapy
- Advanced knowledge of the Education Act 1996 Education. Inspections Act 2006 Equality Act 2006, Disability Discrimination Act 1995 (as amended by the SEN and Disability Act 2001 as applied to Children and Young People’s Services. Equality Act 2010, Childrens & Families Act 2014
- A clear understanding and awareness of the government agendas as applied to children and young people’s services and the ability to translate them into service requirements
- A good understanding of the relevant legal, political, operational, commercial and social community aspects of a similar complex environment
- Experience of providing high quality services to children and young people
- Experience of planning, commissioning and performance frameworks in a multi-disciplinary and partnership environment
- Successful experience in a school of managing services for children with SEN
- Experience of having worked successfully at a supervisory/ managerial level to develop a high performing team within a politically led environment
- Ability to develop and sustain partnerships across teams
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Speech & Language Therapy & Partnership Consultant
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.