- Pay Rate:
£14.48 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
10-20 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
Temporary PT Sessional Tutor - Maths
Reference no: Halton RQ843852
Pay rate £14.48 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
To design and deliver quality Adult Learning programmes and assess and monitor the learning and achievements of adult learners
- Work as part of the Employment, Learning and Skills Division in Halton, delivering learning programmes to adults from a wide variety of backgrounds and in a range of community venues including schools, community venues, libraries etc.
- Be involved in promoting learning programmes to potential learners and to partner organisations within the borough.
- Prepare learning programmes, including production of session plans and schemes of work for those programmes delivered.
- Maintain other records in line with the requirements of the Common Inspection Framework – registers, contact logs, learner feedback, etc.
- Monitor learner progress and achievements including assignments and national tests/assessments in accordance with awarding body requirements and offer learners advice/information about the next steps.
- Evaluate learning programmes and produce termly reports on the strengths and weaknesses of provision.
- Deliver sessions with enthusiasm and sound, up to date knowledge.
- Be aware of the needs of learners and respond accordingly within the teaching environment, for example, provision of specialist resources and implementation of the Equality Act 2010.
- Work in partnership with other tutors in Halton, for example, within Children’s Centres, Early Years, Further Education, Community and Voluntary Sector, local companies, etc.
- Attend staff training and development, as appropriate and to keep up to date with pre-16 and post-16 teaching methods
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Specialist qualification (or extensive experience) relating to individual subject area (e.g. Membership of International Guild of Artists, etc)
- Teaching Certificate (adults) eg Diploma in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector, PGCE, Certificate in Education or equivalent experience
- Experience of delivering adult learning within a range of settings
- Experience of working within a quality assurance framework e.g. Common Inspection Framework
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work without supervision
- Ability to manage a workload within tightly prescribed timescales
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
PT Sessional Tutor - Maths
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.