- Pay Rate:
up to £60 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
21 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 5 months
Interim PT Senior Lawyer - Governance
Reference no: MCC 0007 F0C6 / 1
Pay Rate: up to £60 per hour PAYE depending on experience
21 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 5 months
Working within a support service or Centre of Excellence, the role holder will ensure the provision of high-quality legal support to enable the delivery of service and organisational objectives, delivering, managing or commissioning specific projects as required. As a subject matter specialist, the role holder will oversee the collaborative design, development and implementation of strategies and frameworks which enable the operation of effective services and support their contribution to the achievement of strategic and operational objectives.
The role holder will manage key relationships, acting as a commissioner for the delivery of support and services, and work in partnership across the Manchester, Salford and Rochdale and other public sector bodies to deliver effective and efficient support to policy and decision making. The role holder will be directly accountable for the delivery of packages of work which are likely to be high profile, complex and sensitive
- Through close working relationships with stakeholders, support the development of effective business processes, policies and strategies by taking a lead for their area of work.
- Work collaboratively across Manchester, Salford, Rochdale Borough Council and other public sector bodies to provide specialist legal advice, information, support and challenge to client services which supports and promotes their priorities as well as safeguarding the organisations and progressing corporate objectives.
- Provide specialist legal advice and guidance to colleagues across the organisations, accounting for factors and elements beyond their direct control and area of specialism to support a whole council approach to decision making. People. Pride. Place.
- Drive the effective delivery of work packages to ensure service objectives are achieved, to support the effective decision making processes of Manchester, Salford and where appropriate Rochdale Borough Council and other public sector bodies and to enable them to meet their legal obligations and strategic objectives.
- Ensure that the organisational direction of travel and agreed policies / procedures are embedded within work delivered across the assigned service area, including consideration of Public Service Reform principles.
- Use robust and effective analysis of information to inform strategic objectives in relation to the assigned service area, ensuring that advice to client services is in line with current legislation and organisational direction.
- Play a key role in the review and development of organisational strategies, ensuring that key performance indicators are met. Provide effective operational and strategic support to the authority’s corporate approach to external regulatory / inspection and internal governance processes.
- Effectively commission work packages both within their service area and from other service areas / organisations in order to provide a holistic approach to advice and ensure that all factors are accounted for in the decision making processes of the organisation.
- A strong and clear advocate for the organisation’s m people approach.
- The role holder will be expected to effectively co-ordinate resources to support the principals of ‘joined up’ communication and to ensure efficiencies are achieved
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Qualified solicitor, barrister, Chartered Lawyer or Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives holding a current practising certificate.
- Within Groups, Chartered Lawyers or Fellows may need to hold such regulatory practice rights in accordance with the business needs of the Group
- Have knowledge of, and recent experience of practising in, the following areas:
- Local Government Public and Administrative Law – including decision-making within local authorities operating executive arrangements, local authority constitutions and elected member conduct matters.
- Information Law – including the UK GDPR / Data Protection Act 2018, the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and the Environmental Information Regulations 2004.
- Relevant experience and expertise of dealing with a broad range of complex, highly value and sensitive cases relating to the groups specific area of law
Skills & Abilities:
- Skills to analyse a wide range of data and other sources of information to break them down into component parts, patterns and relationships; probes for further understanding of problems and makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis demonstrating and understanding of how one issue may be part of a much larger system/issue
- Excellent time management skills, creating own work schedules, prioritising, preparing in advance and setting realistic timescales for own self and others. Has the ability to visualise a sequence of actions needed to achieve a specific goal and how to estimate the resources required
- Ability to formulate independently a range of options for new or unfamiliar situations and to select the appropriate course of action to produce a logical, practical and acceptable solution. An ability to make independent decisions of a relatively uniform nature
- Ability to find creative solutions where there are no existing parameters or procedural framework
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
PT Senior Lawyer - Governance
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.