- Pay Rate:
£11.15 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
25 Monday – Friday, 12pm to 5pm
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- Little Chesterford, Essex,
Temporary PT Receptionist/Administrator – Resources
Reference no: VLA 5228520
Pay Rate: £11.15 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
The purpose of the role is to ensure the smooth running of the office reception, to ensure calls are answered and visitors dealt with efficiently and courteously and to undertake administrative duties as required by the company.
- To welcome visitors to the building, issue and collect visitor badges and direct people as appropriate.
- Ensure that an exceptional level of service is maintained at all times within the reception area, including contacting the meeting hosts.
- Maintain the reception area to ensure an impressive and professional appearance.
- Handling incoming calls from customers and dealing with queries.
- Build and maintain a current, working knowledge of all policies, procedures, systems and developments, as well as general information, in order to be able to provide staff and visitors with information as required, including details of procedures for making complaints.
- Maintain a pleasant and tidy reception environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide a courteous and professional service.
- Deal efficiently with incoming calls and visitors.
- Monitor and action enquiries and emails.
- To maintain databases, records, reports and other administrative requirements as directed
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- GCSE C+ in English and Maths.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience working in a reception role or similar customer facing environment.
- General experience in a similar business or large organisation.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to maintain a high level or service in a busy role
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
PT Receptionist/Administrator – Resources
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.