- Pay Rate:
£11.11 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
18.50 specific days and hours TBC
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- Newport, Gwent,
Temporary PT Property Project Team Assistant/Admin
Reference no: Gwent BL TCL 359770
Pay Rate: £11.11 per hour PAYE
18.50 hours specific days and hours TBC
This opening assignment is for 6 months
City: Newport, Gwent
NB: Police Vacancy - only for candidates with a minimum of 5 years continuous UK address history. Please note that this vacancy is subject to a strict security vetting procedure.
NPPV recruitment vetting required
The purpose of the role is to work under the supervision of the EPU Lead, to audit all Central Stores in line with the decommission of the current property system.
To correctly identify items for Central Disposal and return to owner exhibits while auditing and collate and store return to owner items correctly. Unaccounted for items are to be highlighted to the EPU Lead
- Follow the Programme of Work set by the EPU Lead, ensuring that deadlines are met.
- Audit evidential property ensuring It is retained or disposed of in accordance with force policy and legislation (CPIA, PoFA and MoPI guidelines), ensuring preservation of evidence at all times.
- Highlight items of evidential property that has been identified for central disposal. This will include collating the items for all central disposals or for sale via eBay or Wilson’s Auction.
- Highlight exhibits incorrectly packaged as pass to the EPU Lead for action.
- Collate items identified for return to owner, and store appropriately.
- Comply with force operating procedures for operation of equipment, ensuring compliance with statutory health and safety duties, and to report incident, accidents, faults to the Property Project Co-Ordinator.
- Highlight instances of risk from hazardous material that may cause fire or contamination to store property to the EPU Lead.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
Full UK driving licence required for this role.
- Minimum of five grade A-C GCSE’s or the equivalent minimum standards or possess relevant experience.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Must be able to demonstrate previous experience of working in a secure stores environment.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- An understanding of the seizure, preservation, storage and disposal of Evidential Property is desirable.
- An understanding of the criminal justice process in relation to the continuity and submission of court exhibits and the defence disclosure process is desirable.
- Must be able to demonstrate a basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- A good knowledge of stores administration, procedures and practices is desirable.
- An understanding of CPIA, PoFA and MoPI guidelines is desirable.
- An understanding of ACPO, Home Office and NPIA guidance relating to the seizure, storage and disposal of property is desirable.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
PT Property Project Team Assistant/Admin
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.