- Pay Rate:
£11.79 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
10 Monday – Friday 11.30am to 1.30pm
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire,
Temporary PT Personal Care Support Worker x 4 – Social Care
Job Ref: N Lincolnshire 5240504
Pay Rate: £11.79 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 10 Monday – Friday 11.30am to 1.30pm
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
City: Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire
Enhanced DBS disclosure required for this role
The purpose of the role is to support the delivery of inclusive and person-centred opportunities for adults with a learning disability and/or complex needs, by ensuring personal care needs are met.
- Working as part of a team, support the delivery of individual support plans.
- Support with a range of personal care, encouraging and enabling people to perform tasks for themselves where possible, with a view to them maintaining independence.
- Take appropriate precautions to maintain individuals’ confidentiality and dignity.
- Contribute to the management of dietary and fluid intake, including the preparation and supporting individuals in preparing, serving and consuming of light meals, snacks and beverages.
- Following appropriate training, carry out procedures, such as catheter or stoma care, documenting any variations or issues in the individuals support plan.
- Support with individual and group activities in partnership for adults with complex and / or challenging needs.
- Observe individuals’ general wellbeing, reporting and recording any changes to other stakeholders, eg main carer, district nurse, senior support worker on duty, as appropriate.
- Maintain appropriate and accurate records in line with procedural requirements.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Ability to successfully complete key training including Basic First Aid, Moving with Dignity, Catheter Care and Stoma Care.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of the client group (learning disabilities).
- Awareness of personal care for people with enteral peg feeding.
- Ability to take a person-centred approach, ensuring the thoughts, wishes and feelings of services users are considered.
- Ability to engage effectively with adults with complex and / or challenging needs.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
PT Personal Care Support Worker x 4 – Social Care
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.