- Pay Rate:
£14.69 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
15 days and hours TBC
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
- Rugby, Warwickshire,
Temporary Personal Assistant/Administrator – Resources
Reference no: Rugby TCL 5235834
Pay Rate: £14.69 per hour PAYE
15 hours days and hours TBC
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
City: Rugby, Warwickshire
Proven minute taking skills and experience are essential for this role
The purpose of the role is to provide dedicated support to assigned Heads of Service, the Executive Director and the Leader of the Council.
- Provide a comprehensive, confidential and highly efficient secretarial support service for the members of the Senior Management Team (SMT).
- Use own initiative to manage the day-to-day activities of SMT members through effective problem solving, diary management, arranging appointments and providing papers and support for corporate meetings.
- Provide essential back-up for other PAs in the PA Team.
- Receive and answer telephone calls and emails on behalf of members of the SMT in a polite and courteous manner.
- Inform the Executive Director and Heads of Service of deadline dates for Panels and Committees and ensure that reports are in the correct format before being transferred to member services in accordance with set deadlines.
- Prepare agendas and papers, attend and minute any corporate meetings for the SMT and external partner organisations as required.
- Manage bring forward/reminder systems on behalf of SMT members.
- Support the Portfolio Holders in their work with the Executive Director and Heads of Service.
- Maintain high standards of confidentiality and ensure compliance with data protection and information security standards.
- Undertake straightforward research and investigation exercises on behalf of the Executive Director or Head of Service.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Level 2 OCR (RSA) Text Production and Word Processing (35 words per minute).
- GCSE Maths and English grade C – A* (or Grade 4 or above).
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of working as a secretary or personal assistant at senior management level in a medium-sized organisation
- Proven meeting support and minute taking skills.
- Advanced interpersonal skills.
- Able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
PT Personal Assistant/Administrator – Resources
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.