- Pay Rate:
£15.64 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
32 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 13 months
Temporary PT People Advisor - ER
Reference no: Thames Valley BL TCL358396
Pay rate £15.64 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 13 months
NPPV Level 2 Vetting
The hours are flexible - they could work 6 .5 hours a day, or a few longer days and a few shorter days. The only day that is mandatory is Friday as there is a meeting that they will either need to be at or cover for a colleague, this meeting starts at 1pm and finishes before 3.
The overall purpose of the role is to: Support the Leadership Team to deliver the Director of People’s agenda. At a tactical level, manage functional centres of expertise, taking a lead role in supporting and advising the Business
- Support organisational development initiatives identified in the Delivery Plan and other corporate programmes. Contribute to the Force People Agenda and the target outcomes of the Directorate.
- At a tactical level, deliver continuous improvement and innovation through enabling change, reducing bureaucracy, increased use of technology and co-production with other members of the People Directorate, the Business and partners.
- Work with and influence managers and colleagues across the Force, using an evidence based approach to support effective decision making which produces people focussed solutions.
- Identify opportunities to build and maintain a diverse workforce to meet the changing operational demands on policing.
- Collate and feed in ideas and observations to colleagues and the business to influence policy, process and decisions.
- Contribute to the service delivery of contracts with external providers as appropriate.
- Coach and build capability of managers to handle situations rather than managing issues for them.
- Where appropriate supervise and assist in the development of people, initiating and maintaining the relationship with key stakeholders to ensure services are fully aligned with business needs.
- Other allocated duties, including involvement in project management, change initiatives and cross force initiatives
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Part qualified or working towards CIPD or equivalent qualification
- Some experience in delivering people solutions and interventions
- Experience with word, excel
- Any experience in an HR world would be preferable
- Strong problem solving, communication and relationship building skills with the personal credibility to impact at all levels
- Able to demonstrate an aptitude for supervising and developing people
- Proven ability to build effective working relationships (e.g. cross department/service programmes or projects, collaborative ventures, multi - agency working).
- Able to demonstrate commitment to continuous professional development
- Previous involvement in implementing business change initiatives linked to continuous improvement
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Police Vacancy - only for candidates with a minimum of 3 years continuous UK address history.
Please note that this vacancy is subject to a strict security vetting procedure.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours. NB: Police Vacancy - only for candidates with a minimum of 3 years continuous UK address history.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- NPPV Level 2 Clearance.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
PT People Advisor - ER
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.