- Pay Rate:
£18,887.75 per annum
- Hours per Week:
15 07:00 to 09:30 and 14:15 to 16:30
- Middlewich, Cheshire,
Temporary PT Passenger Assistant x 3
Reference no: ANA TCL5218638
Pay Rate: £18,887.75 per annum
Enhanced DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role
Although primarily based in Middlewich, you must be prepared to work flexibly as occasionally you may be required to work from other sites within Cheshire East.
The main purpose of the Passenger Assistant is to act as an escort on Transport passenger carrying vehicles. Passengers transported may have learning, mobility, emotional and/or behavioural difficulties which may require additional support from the Passenger Assistant.
- Assist passengers travelling on Transport passenger carrying vehicles to and from their destination, to assist with luggage and shopping if required, to assist passengers when the lift, ramp or any other boarding aid is required and to ensure their comfort and safety.
- Assist the driver by route finding and giving directions when manoeuvring and reversing the vehicle.
- Work with the driver to keep the vehicle clean and tidy before, during and after the journey.
- Respect the independence of users and observe guidelines on professional standards of behaviour, as appropriate, to include liaison with colleagues, service purchasers, carers and parents so as to ensure quality of service provision.
- Demonstrate responsibility for promoting and championing all aspects of equal opportunities; valuing and managing diversity in all areas of one’s work.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant policies adopted by either Ansa Transport, education, care or residential establishments in relation to passenger transport, e.g. Health and Safety.
- Passenger Assistance.
- Supervise passengers whilst boarding or alighting vehicles during their journey and to offer and provide assistance, if required.
- Assist passengers when the lift, ramp or any other boarding aid is required.
- Ensure all passengers carried are safe by the correct use of seatbelts, wheelchair tie- downs and any other safety equipment at all time.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let me know and we can send you some additional information for clarify.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
PT Passenger Assistant x 3
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.