- Pay Rate:
£28.20 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
22 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- WEMBLEY, LONDON,
Interim PT Participation & Engagement Manager
Reference no: Brent 5222834
Pay rate £28.20 per hour PAYE
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
This role will be for 3 days per week, although may be able to offer some flexibility
Responsible for the day-to-day operation and strategic development of Participation services in Brent CYP. This includes the Care in Action Groups (Brent’s Children in Care Council), Brent Youth Parliament) and other opportunities to ensure children and young people’s voices are key in service development. The post-holder will be creative and inspirational to drive membership to these groups
- Influence the development of policy and practice relating to care experienced people.
- Ensure that care experienced young people about BYP members are enabled and empowered to participate in influencing local policy.
- Ensure thematic issues identified by care experienced members and BYP are explored and opportunities for influencing change are secured.
- Ensure Care in Action Groups represent the views of all children in care and care leavers and that BYP represents the broad views of young people living and attending school in Brent.
- Ensure the views of care experienced young people and BYP shape responses to service delivery issues raised.
- Make a positive contribution to the delivery of the service, this will include working flexibly and positively to achieve the objectives of the council. 7
- Manage and lead staff to achieve high performance and effective operational delivery, including developing and improving staff capability.
- Manage a customer focused service and the effective use of resources.
- Ensure that the council’s overall vision, values and ethos are central to the requirements of the service.
- Support effective working relationships and act as an ambassador and advocate with external organisations
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Evidence of significant relevant Continuing Professional Development (CPD), which helps to develop skills in facilitating meaningful engagement and participation with children and young people
- Knowledge of representation, leadership and/or participation models for marginalised groups
- A good understanding of the business planning process and the ability to formulate targets and performance indicators
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the principles and practice of Brent’s equal opportunity and customer care policies
- Proven experience of working directly with vulnerable children and young people to support positive, measurable, and evaluated outcomes
- Excellent, proven leadership skills with the ability to manage, supervise and appraise staff working with families who have complex needs
- Project management skills
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
PT Participation & Engagement Manager
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.