- Pay Rate:
up to £20.98 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
22.20 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4 months
Interim PT Legal Officer - Estates
Reference no: N Warwickshire 5234715
Pay Rate: up to £20.98 per hour PAYE depending on experience
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4 months
To undertake legal and estate management work
- Conveyancing and all other legal matters connected with Right to Buy Sales.
- Other conveyancing as directed, including sales and purchases of land, preparation of leases and assignments of the Council’s portfolio of commercial premises.
- Preparation and conduct of proceedings in the County Court for re-possession for rent arrears and other tenancy breaches, and the collection of sundry debts.
- All aspects of marketing and letting of Council’s commercial and industrial properties.
- Preparation and completion of contracts and agreements for works, goods, and services.
- Provision of legal advice in relation to the responsibilities as detailed above.
- Maintain register of documents for sealing.
- Land ownership enquiries and maintenance of property terrier.
- General local authority case work as required, including arrangement of public burials.
- To carry out such other legal/administrative tasks as may from time to time be required, commensurate with the grade of the job
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Qualified Solicitor or Legal Executive and member of a relevant professional body
- Understanding of the structure of Local Government and awareness of current Local Government issues (desirable)
- Sound experience of Conveyancing work
- Experience of Contract work (desirable)
- Previous Local Government experience (desirable)
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including drafting formal documents such as leases and licences
- Ability to understand and communicate statutory requirements to a range of different clients
- Ability to produce clear reports both to Members and Managers
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
PT Legal Officer – Estates
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.