- Pay Rate:
£39.57 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
20 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Interim PT Landscape Architect
Reference no: Swindon RQ848312
Pay rate £39.57 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 3 months
As a professionally qualified landscape architect, this role promotes and delivers high quality landscape led development in both the natural and built environment across the Borough. This is achieved, through the planning system acting as an expert consultee in the Council’s statutory planning process and through project delivery, in the design, specification and contract implementation of a programme of complex external works as architect/contract administrator/project manager. The ability to communicate and work at all levels, often working under pressure to deliver to projected timeframes is key. Responding to planning applications, requests for pre-app advice and as a specialist advising the councils capital programme projects, it requires close working with team members across a range of environmental disciplines on responses to - and the creation of - development masterplans, supplementary planning documents, detailed responses to planning applications and detailed design proposals
- Design hard and soft landscape schemes in accordance with the Clients’ brief
- Using appropriate IT packages (AutoCAD, GIS, Photoshop etc.) and drawing skills produce detailed working drawings and contract documentation; shortlist and select contractors and undertake tender action and evaluation
- Manage projects on site and administer contracts, to meet specified standards and timescales and approve the works.
- Exercise contract financial control, issuing variations, certificates and approving payments, to internal and external Contractors, to ensure projects are delivered within budget.
- Budget responsibility in the delivery of Landscape Projects typically £50,000 to £3.6m and authorised signatory for the financial administration of such contract works
- Produce detailed landscape surveys, appraisals, feasibility studies, reports and tree / vegetation surveys; prepare briefs for professional surveys and commission surveyor/engineering/quantity surveyor/ecological/arboricultural/heritage consultants.
- Lead and participate in public consultation exercises and prepare public exhibitions to ensure local people are represented in the development of neighbourhood projects.
- Provide an advisory and consultancy service for external organisations, including national and regional agencies, stakeholders / partner groups and Parish Councils.
- Provide detailed expert advice on matters of landscape and design to planning applications to planning officers, to members of the public, developers and other external agencies in relation to their planning applications. This includes recommending courses of action, and negotiation on proposals and projects to secure high quality design principles and placemaking.
- Provide landscape advice to the forward planning section in the development of local
- Plans and supplementary planning guidance
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Bachelor Degree and postgraduate qualification (min. diploma level) in Landscape Architecture
- Fully chartered member of the Landscape Institute (CMLI).
- A thorough understanding of the UK town & country planning system and associated legislation and guidance relevant to landscape led, high quality development and a detailed knowledge of its application. Knowledge and experience of the planning process, development control, TPO and Conservation Areas with strong knowledge of Land law, Nature Conservation and Environmental legislation key requirements
- Post qualification experience, working at a senior level in landscape practice, within a Local Planning Authority
- Exceptional design skills, IT proficiency and technical ability, working knowledge of landscape construction, planting and maintenance, and the ability to produce detailed construction details, working drawings and specifications using both industry standard software and excellent hand drawing skills to communicate ideas and design proposals.
- Strong communication skills are demanded - verbal, written and drawn
- Excellence in negotiation skills with a passion for securing high quality landscape outcomes
- Proven project management skills and an ability to work well under pressure, with minimum supervision to enable project delivery in accordance with a client brief, to specification, budget and on time
- Ability to manage contractors and resolve conflict in relation to contractual matters
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
PT Landscape Architect
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.