- Pay Rate:
up to £28.11 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
21 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Interim PT Internal Audit Manager
Reference no: Fenland 5224959
Pay rate up to £28.11 per hour PAYE depending on experience
This opening assignment is for 3 months
To lead the Internal Audit sections for Fenland District Council in providing a comprehensive and professional Internal Audit Service. Provide assurance on the level of internal control, and the integrity, efficiency and effectiveness of the Councils’ financial and operational systems to Elected Members, Management Team and other officers
- To carry out the role of Head of Internal Audit (HIA) internal audit responsibilities as defined in the Accounts and Audit Regulations and other legislation and relevant codes of practice and to ensure that internal governance, risk management and financial control is maintained throughout the council.
- Direct responsibility for the effective management and day to day operation of the Internal Audit section, including the section budget.
- Produce an internal audit strategy, annual service plan for the Internal Audit section and giving the annual audit opinion for the Council.
- To produce and/or review and keep up-to-date the Council’s core audit policies, guidance and internal/external webpages as well as contributing to the production of other cross-cutting policies and procedures as required.
- Maintain a performance culture in the Internal Audit sections, focusing on the delivery of high-quality services and empowering staff by effective target setting linked to the annual service plan.
- Ensure that you contribute to the performance management schemes.
- Work with your line managers to lead, motive and develop staff in the Internal Audit section, encouraging teamwork, flexibility, good communications and effective employee development.
- Provide advice to Management Team and Elected Members as required.
- Ensure that business continuity plans are maintained for the service and participate in business continuity response teams as appropriate.
- Maintain and apply advanced theoretical, practical and procedural knowledge of Internal Audit standards, regulations and best practice
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- CCAB, Institute of Internal Auditors or equivalent qualification
- 3 years post qualification experience
- At least 3 years previous audit experience in either a public or private sector environment
- Previous experience of managing staff
- Previous experience of managing budgets
- Good interpersonal skills and communication skills, both written and oral
- Well developed listening, persuasion and negotiation skills
- The ability to work to budgets and tight deadlines
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
PT Internal Audit Manager
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.