- Pay Rate:
£11.70 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
18 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
Temporary PT In Reach / Outreach Rough Sleeper Support Worker
Reference no: Shropshire RQ790364
Pay rate £11.70 per hour PAYE
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
To provide intensive and comprehensive support to those individuals in Shropshire who are sleeping rough, as well as those identified to be at risk of, or have a recent history of doing so
- To respond to new referrals by visiting locations where rough sleeping is reported (excepting known individuals), sometimes early in mornings. Morning response will be covered on a rota basis in addition to normal working hours.
- Meet regularly with new existing rough sleepers, and those at risk as determined by the Rough Sleeper Coordinator to provide intense and comprehensive support towards obtaining and sustaining accommodation.
- To ensure that an action/support plan and risk assessment is in place for each individual identified.
- In addition to the above, to provide support relating to health, addictions, offending behaviour etc in conjunction with colleagues from partner agencies.
- To meet weekly with the Rough Sleeper Coordinator to review cases and to assist with the preparation of reports on progress and outcomes for all identified individuals.
- Liaise with each individual’s allocated HOT Officer as frequently as necessary to ensure all information is provided and up-to-date.
- Liaise effectively and appropriately with other statutory and voluntary agencies and signpost applicants for appropriate specialist assistance.
- Support the Council to undertake its Cold Weather and Severe Weather Emergency Provision.
- Maintain accurate, confidential and up to date records for all applicants.
- Participate in regular overnight counts/estimates of rough sleeper numbers
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- A minimum of 4 GCSEs (including Maths and English) or equivalent
- Understanding of Tenancy law
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment
- Experience in taking a hands-on approach to problem solving
- Experience of working with and signposting to, other agencies, both statutory and voluntary in Shropshire
- Written communication skills in order to write reports, letters and procedures
- Able to work effectively on your own or as a member of a team
- Ability to use a variety of computerised packages including Word, Excel and Access
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
PT In Reach / Outreach Rough Sleeper Support Worker
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.