- Pay Rate:
£19.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
18.50 Monday – Friday, TBC
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Temporary PT HR Advisor - Adults & Communities
Reference no: Redcar 1004859714756673
Pay Rate: £19.00 per hour PAYE
18.50 Monday – Friday, TBC
This opening assignment is 2-3 months
Under the guidance of the Human Resources Advisory Manager provide a high quality customer focussed HR service, including providing advice and support to managers and employees in line with organisational policies, procedures and legal requirements and supporting the general operation of the HR function. To provide support to the Human Resources Advisory Manager in the development of a strategic HR service that aligns itself with the goals and aims of the Council
- Assist the Human Resources Advisory Manager and Senior HR Advisor in providing a comprehensive HR service and contribute towards the effective and efficient performance of the general HR function and provide advice and support to departmental managers and employees.
- Provide advice and guidance to managers and employees on a wide range of employee relations matters To provide advice and guidance and assist in representing HR as required at Disciplinary and Grievance Hearings and Disciplinary and Grievance Investigations providing the required advice to Managers.
- Contribute and where appropriate research and develop HR policies, and to provide advice, support and training to departmental management on the implementation of policies.
- Research, design and deliver development programmes/and or workshops to meet identified needs, ensuring evaluation of programmes.
- Assist in the delivery of bespoke training programmes and/or workshops to a diverse audience.
- Provide advice and guidance; highlighting concerns relating to the composition and content of job descriptions and person specifications.
- Carry out the evaluation of NJC posts using the computerised Job Evaluation scheme and ensure that the results or progress of evaluations are communicated back to the relevant Human Resources Advisor or manager in writing; and actively pursue “sign off”.
- Liaise with HR Transactional Team on any HR processes and attend interviews or assessment centres as required.
- Provide advice and guidance on terms and conditions of service, employment law, codes of practice and any other documentation that contributes and affects the services provided by the HR Section.
- Support change management initiatives in accordance with policies and procedures
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Working towards a relevant qualification recognised by the CIPD.
- A comprehensive working knowledge of HR policies and procedures.
- A comprehensive working knowledge of HR best practice and implementing change.
- A comprehensive understanding of Employment Legislation.
- Substantial HR experience at operational level.
- Substantial experience of negotiation and consultation with Trade Unions.
- Interpreting basic employment legislation
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, oral, written and presentations.
- Ability to keep up to date with changing employment legislation.
- Ability to influence and persuade varying levels of management.
- IT literate with a high level of ability to use information as a management resource.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
PT HR Advisor - Adults & Communities
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.