- Pay Rate:
£16.09 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
21 Tuesday & Thursday, 10:00–18:00
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
- WEMBLEY, London,
Temporary PT Family Wellbeing Centre Support Officer / Admin
Reference no: Brent 5225478
Pay rate: £16.09 per hour PAYE
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
Enhanced DBS required for this role
A Family Wellbeing Centre Support Officer is required to provide administration and reception support to managers and front line staff across the Early Help Service and, along with practitioners, provide a welcoming first point of contact at the Family Wellbeing Centres.
- Greet visitors and provide a welcoming first point of contact, dealing confidently and constructively with enquiries in a helpful manner. Assist centre users with digital self service points and provide a positive customer facing service to families, young people, delivery partners and other agencies.
- Deliver tailored and holistic support to assist vulnerable families who may not find it easy to access help through mainstream services or online facilities, identifying the need for additional support and assisting them in connecting with the help required in the centre. Arrange referrals to appropriate agencies/providers (i.e. Citizen Advice, Law Centre, and JCP) and arrange services to provide a home visit when the right is support is not available on the day.
- Database maintenance – access and update relevant databases and generate reports for management information in a timely and efficient manner.
- Responsible for taking electronic payments from service users and providers and raise PO’s and invoices as necessary.
- Support all staff, partner agencies and all those delivering activities to collect attendance, record all contacts and provide this information to the FWC Support Officer.
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of the services available to families in the centres and where to signpost for other areas of advice and guidance, including housing, welfare benefits, employment support.
- Work in close partnership with Children and Families Information service ensuring easy access to current information.
- Create publicity, centre programmes and other documents, reports and respond to correspondence as required.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that all displays and notices are up to date and have relevant information for all Centre users, including schedules, any changes to schedules, H&S and other policy notices.
- Organise and maintain records and documents, ensure all new family’s details are registered and processed and maintain referral, service activity and service user information on all appropriate systems.
- Carry our fire drill/tests.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to at least Level 3 or equivalent.
- A relevant administrative/business qualification or equivalent experience.
- Evidence of significant relevant Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
- Experience of providing front-line reception support in a busy environment.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of providing support to management.
- Experience of setting up databases and/or spread-sheets to collate and record statistical, financial, and/or other information.
- Experience of working to deadlines with competing priorities in a busy environment.
- Experience of managing premises.
- Knowledge and experience of administrative systems, databases, and IT, including setting up databases to collate and record statistical, financial, and/or other information.
- Knowledge and experience of producing detailed reports from multiple information sources.
- Excellent knowledge of services and resources for families.
- Brent financial processes, PO and invoicing.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally with service users, carers and other professionals.
- Ability to work in partnership with other agencies.
- A collaborative corporate player with a strong team spirit and respect for others.
- Ability to demonstrate a customer focused approach with a personal commitment to service improvement, equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to create positive family friendly environment, with informative, relevant material available for families and partners.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and workload.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
PT Family Wellbeing Centre Support Officer / Admin
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.