- Pay Rate:
Up to £20.98 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
22.50 across 5 days
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
- Leamington Spa, Warwickshire,
Interim PT Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Business Partner
Job Ref: Warwick 5239454
Pay Rate: Up to £20.98 per hour PAYE depending on experience
Hours per week: 22.50 across 5 days
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
City: Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
The purpose of the role is to provide advice and guidance on equality issues as part of People and Communications Service. The post holder will work with colleagues across the authority to ensure that staff and Managers are aware of their responsibilities under equality legislation.
- Lead the review, development and implementation of a robust Equalities Diversity and Inclusion action plan to include policies, strategies and measures to achieve and demonstrate good practice and compliance with equality legislation.
- Deliver the Councils’ approach to an inclusive work environment through embedding equality and diversity into all relevant activities.
- Provide advice, support and facilitation to services on the implementation, performance monitoring and assessment of impact of equality and diversity objectives, actions and targets including Equality Impact Assessments. To provide equality monitoring support to enable future equality action planning and target setting.
- Provide a signposting service to staff to help resolve equality and diversity issues at an early stage and to support HR in handling more complex individual cases, providing guidance on key equality issues to ensure cases are handled appropriately and sensitively in line with Council policies and procedures.
- Work in partnership with Learning Development to plan and deliver equality related training interventions for staff, monitor take up and evaluate content to promote good practice.
- Support the organization, delivery and implementation of equality campaigns and events to raise awareness and foster good relations between people of different backgrounds. This includes regular communication feeds to staff, service users and community partners in conjunction with service leads.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Educated to HND/Post graduate level or equivalent qualification related to EDI.
- 3 years’ experience of working in an EDI role / function, providing advice and guidance on internal and external organisation matters.
- Excellent interpersonal skills demonstrated through achievement of team working.
- Effective time management, organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good knowledge of Equality legislation and its implications and best practice in an organisational context.
- A commitment to equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practices.
- Experience working with equality related issues.
- Strong IT skills including working knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
PT Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Business Partner
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.