- Pay Rate:
£13.06 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
30 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4 months
- CAMDEN, LONDON,
PT Early Years Practitioner - Education
Reference no: Camden RQ740760
Pay rate £13.06 per hour PAYE
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
To work with children who have social communication difficulties, staff member must have experience of working with children with SEND and be able to deliver specific interventions and work alongside staff and external agencies
- To provide high quality integrated day care and early education to children from birth to 7 years within a multi-disciplinary team and in line with the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- To contribute to planning and support delivery of a high quality early years curriculum, which includes a full commitment to anti-discriminatory practice. This will include daily, weekly and termly planning to meet individual children's needs and interests and record keeping that tracks the development of the individual child.
- To promote children’s development within a secure, safe and stimulating environment, and with reference to good practice curriculum guidance appropriate to the ages and stages of development of the children.
- To provide input to the assessment of children’s overall development, including carrying out observations, recording children’s achievement, and maintaining developmental records to a high standard.
- To support colleagues in undertaking their responsibilities as key worker to a specific group of children within the centre and the smooth transition from home to centre and from centre to school
- To effectively manage the behaviour of the children in line with procedural guidance and to implement planned interventions for children with additional needs.
- To provide appropriate physical care in areas of washing, toileting, changing, feeding, dressing, comforting and administering medication.
- To work with due regard to Child Protection procedures and to report matters of concern to the centre managers.
- To assist with the organisation of outings for children’s interest, education and enjoyment and with regard to safety.
- There is a requirement to lift and assist in toileting and changing and in helping to transfer from seating to mobility aids. The post will help children to acquire and develop self help skills including toileting and personal hygiene. Work may also involve implementing individual movement programmes, under the direction of other professionals
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Experience of working with children with additional needs
- Confident in delivering interventions and working with staff and external agencies in delivering consistent strategies and support for a child with additional needs
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
PT Early Years Practitioner - Education
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.