- Pay Rate:
£11.18 per hour PAYE (rate will increase from Week 13)
- Hours per Week:
3 days per week, Wednesday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 8-9 months
- DURHAM, County Durham,
Temporary PT Corporate Procurement Technical Officer / Admin
Reference no: Durham 5131414774297
Pay rate: £11.18 per hour PAYE (rate will increase from Week 13)
Hours per week: 3 days per week, Wednesday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 8-9 months
City: DURHAM, County Durham
The first four weeks of this role requires full attendance in the office, after which hybrid working with at least one day per week in the office on Thursdays, with flexibility on attendance on the other two days
A PT Corporate Procurement Technical Officer is required to join the team, working on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. For the first four weeks of this role full attendance in the office will be required, to allow the successful candidate to be introduced to the team and understand the requirements of the role. After this it will be anticipated that the successful candidate will be in the office at least on Thursdays with flexibility on attendance on the other two days. Experience within a procurement department is required for this role and the experience must be procurement related rather than purchasing related.
To support the category managers by undertaking specific strategic procurement activities such as research and analysis at the category/contract strategy stage as well as undertaking procurement opportunities (tenders) from strategy creation through to contract award and any associated contract monitoring/supplier management, always ensuring the Council obtains best value in respect of all spend on goods, services and works with external suppliers/contractors.
- Undertaking significant research and analysis required to pursue opportunities, presenting options and recommendations as appropriate.
- Monitoring instances of non-routine, non-compliance/no available contracts to identify opportunities to decrease non-contract spend such as more efficient P2P processes (e.g catalogues), contracts etc., offering solutions and recommendations and taking action to implement as appropriate.
- Undertaking medium/high level contract and supplier management activities and using such activity to seek continuous improvement and/or relevant efficiencies.
- Monitoring existing and new contracts/suppliers that are identified as medium/high risk and value, to ensure any Key Performance Indicators established as part of the contract are met and undertake corrective action if necessary.
- Responsible for delivering medium/high value, risk and complex contracts, in line with category strategies.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Level 4 CIPS (not mandatory but is desired).
- Experience within a procurement department required.
- Experience must be procurement related rather than purchasing related.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Significant and relevant procurement experience including tendering for a variety of commodities (both high and low value) as well as any associated contract management.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to prepare complex reports and tender documentation.
- Ability to provide a regular and effective service.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective partnership working across organisational boundaries.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
PT Corporate Procurement Technical Officer / Admin
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.