- Pay Rate:
£11.39 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
28 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 7-8 months
Temporary PT Control Centre Operator
Reference no: Cardiff RQ789143
Pay rate £11.39 per hour PAYE
Standard DBS disclosure required
The Contact Centre Operator will be responsible for receiving and responding to a range of calls including emergency and priority calls from vulnerable or elderly callers. Managing a range of support services to employees and customers of the council including lone working, virtual concierge and CCTV monitoring
- To deliver services to customers across a range of services including making outbound welfare calls vulnerable or elderly customers
- To understand, support and advise a wide range of customers who will be making enquiries concerning Council services through multiple channels of access
- To work with colleagues within the Contact Centre and other service areas to ensure the highest levels of call resolution and customer satisfaction
- To have an understanding and knowledge of technology used within the centre for lone working devices and CCTV images
- To deal with sensitive and emergency situations effectively and efficiently liaising with other customers, care agencies are/or emergency services
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent, five GSCE’s grade C and above. Two of these GCSE’s must include Mathematics and English
- Experience of delivering customer focused information
- Demonstrates the ability to work as part of a team, showing a willingness to assist others and a commitment to meeting the objectives of the team
- The ability to understand, speak and write Welsh
- The ability to work unsocial hours including evenings, weekends and bank holidays
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
PT Control Centre Operator
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.