- Pay Rate:
£12.18 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
18.5 Monday – Friday, between core hours of 8.30am to 7.00pm with occasional weekends
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- NOTTINGHAMSHIRE – Contact Centre TBC
Temporary PT Contact Support Worker x2
Reference no: Nottinghamshire TCL 0008 846C / 1
Pay rate: £12.18 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 18.5 Monday – Friday, between core hours of 8.30am to 7.00pm with occasional weekends
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
City: NOTTINGHAM - Contact Centre TBC
Enhanced DBS required for this role
Required to work from different venues across the County and therefore must possess a full driving license and a suitable vehicle.
Centres are based in: North: Worksop S80 2LW, Central: Mansfield NG18 2NZ, and South: Gedling NG4 3HS, Beeston NG9 1GR and Newark NG24 4EG. Will be based in one area but may need to cover across the county.
A PT Contact Support Worker is required to work as a member of the Contact Support Service, responsible for facilitating formal contact between children, young people aged 0-17 and their families. This will include arranging, supervising and recording contact sessions. Record information accurately and identify and report any safeguarding concerns. May also occasionally be required to attend court to contribute evidence as part of care proceedings. Will be required to work from different venues across the County and therefore must possess a full driving license and a suitable vehicle. Core working hours are 8.30am to 7.00pm and the post holder will be required to work within these hours and occasionally at weekends.
- Respond to requests to arrange or make changes to contact sessions quickly and efficiently.
- Organise transport/contact arrangements and undertake any routine communication/liaison tasks with service users, families and other professionals.
- Collect and escort children to and from a range of venues that will include foster carers, school, children’s centres, private nurseries, crèche and any other location, where necessary.
- Supervise contact arrangements between parents/carers and children/young people.
- Ensure that appropriate boundaries are established and maintained during contact, between the child, young person and family members identifying where there has been any breach of the Contact Agreement.
- Record contact notes promptly, accurately and in accordance with relevant policies, procedure and guidance
- Immediately inform the Line Manager of significant events arising before, during or after contact including the reporting of any safeguarding concerns.
- Attend and actively contribute to professional meetings, relating to children and young people.
- Participate in the cleaning of play equipment and maintenance of the environment.
- Provide appropriate guidance, advice and support to parents/carers, as required.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- GCSE passes at grade C or above in English and maths.
- QCF – level 3 (previously NVQ Level 3) Social Care or Child Care or an equivalent qualification. Applicants may provide evidence of ‘working towards’ the qualification.
Experience & Knowledge:
- A minimum of one year’s experience of working with children and/or young people and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- A thorough understanding of safeguarding and child protection issues and an ability to provide opinions and/or recognise any concerns which require the attention of the Social Worker/Team Manager.
- An understanding of how to record information accurately and produce reports, as required.
- An understanding of team work and how to work as part of a team and contribute to team meetings.
- A good understanding of child development and attachment theories.
- An awareness of what constitutes good parenting and an ability to demonstrate a good role model to parents/young people in this respect.
- An understanding of a range of behaviour management strategies.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to communicate appropriately with a range of professionals and families.
- An ability to deal effectively with a range of tasks happening at the same time and prioritise appropriately.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
- Full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle.
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
PT Contact Support Worker x2
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.