- Pay Rate:
£9.99 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
18.50 – days/working hours tbc
This opening assignment is for 2 months
- STOKE ON TRENT, Staffordshire,
Full Job Title: Temporary PT Contact Officer – Children & Family Services
Job Reference: Stoke 5217165
Pay Rate: £9.99 per hour PAYE
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
Part-time Contact Officer, working 18.5 hours on a rota basis Monday to Saturday.
To provide an efficient and effective service to designated teams within Children and Family Service. To adopt a flexible and adaptable approach across whole service as required. If required attend court to provide verbal evidence.
To provide an excellent customer service, displaying a ‘can do’ attitude.
To observe the interactions between families and children during the contact session and provide support, advice and guidance to families and carers within the contact in order to promote positive and appropriate actions and improve parenting skills and relationships.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Evidence of sound basic education and the ability to record information accurately and appropriately.
- Knowledge and understanding of child development.
- An understanding of assessment and child care planning processes.
- Specific Skills required for this Role:
- Ability to fully meet the requirements of the post and cover the geographic area required, either by possession of a valid driver’s licence or access to public or other transport in line with the regulations of the Disability Discrimination Act.
- Able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Able to develop appropriate relationships with children and their families.
- Aware of the social work task with children and families and issues contributing to ‘social exclusion’.
- Ability to work effectively in situations where there maybe conflict.
- Ability to work as a team as well as been able to work upon own initiative.
- ICT Skills: Ability to use IT as an effective resource.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
PT Contact Officer – Children & Family Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.