- Pay Rate:
£12.27 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
21 across 3 days
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- Bromley, London,
Temporary PT Business Support Officer/Admin – Social Care
Reference no: Bromley RQ817969
Pay Rate: £12.27 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 6 months
A DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role; however, the level of disclosure has not been specified by the client.
The purpose of the role is to provide general administrative support to the Central Placements team and specific support to the Funding and Service panels for Social Care and Health departments. Provide cover and support to other panel administrators and Business Support Officers in the team.
- Co-ordinate appointments, attend and minute funding and service panels. Ensuring that all funding approvals remain current.
- Receive referrals and paperwork for panels, ensuring that these are copied and circulated to panel members in line with the Terms of Reference for each panel.
- Provide advance schedules of panel dates and cases to be reviewed to care managers and social work team managers to ensure that they can organise availability of case holding staff for the meetings.
- Ensure the completion of all paperwork and actions from panel decisions are disseminated to responsible officers in a timely, professional, efficient and positive manner. To follow through on any actions required. i.e updating the social care reporting systems /database with placement Service Agreements and tasks as required.
- Liaise with Finance section ensuring all relevant information is provided to enable contracts to be issued and payments made.
- Assist with the reconciliation and inputting of invoices on the payments system.
- Maintain the computerised or manual systems required with details of services commissioned and providers to ensure accurate financial and care records are held by the Authority.
- Participate in a rota of panel support with other panel administrators, covering where necessary for sickness and annual leave.
- Participate in the training of locum and/or temporary staff as required.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the level of the post, as required to ensure the efficient and effective running of the Department / Section.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
*** Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Skills & Experience:
- At least two years’ experience of general office administration.
- Experience of organisation and minuting of meetings.
- Experience of working in local authority environment.
- Experience of working in a stressful and pressurised environment.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload effectively and methodically.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to use initiative and be self-motivated.
- Flexibility within office environment.
- Ability to work both individually and as part of the team.
- A customer-focused approach to your work.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
PT Business Support Officer/Admin – Social Care
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.