- Pay Rate:
£11.59 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
20 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Newbury, West Berkshire,
Temporary PT Admin and Info Officer - Admin & Clerical
Reference no: W Berkshire 5224558
Pay Rate: £11.59 per hour PAYE
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 3 months
An Enhanced DBS is required for this role.
This is a hybrid role once inducted.
An Admin and Information Officer required to support the Sports and Leisure Team in the delivery of services through the Leisure Centre Contract, direct provision and commissioned works.
The analysis of performance of the leisure centre contract through the interpretation of data provided.
The provision of information to support community leisure opportunities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To work with the Sport and Leisure Manager and Leisure Officer to develop and participate in a programme of monitoring and performance visits in relation to the Leisure Centre management contract
- The processing and analysis of leisure centre performance data – providing analysis and on request reports to inform management decisions
- To utilise and, where identified, help develop, new technology and software as required to improve the effectiveness of the monitoring process
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of the Sports and Leisure Team pages of the website – ensure all information on web-pages is up to date and add material as required
- Assist with the inputting of information onto relevant arts and sports/leisure databases and to create new databases as necessary – ensuring the information is accurate and up to date
- To carry out funding searches in response to requests for information from community groups
- To administer the sports and leisure centre Joint Advisory Committees meetings ensuring all agendas and reports are accurate and distributed in accordance with the meeting protocols
- To provide general administrative support including raising of purchase orders and the reconciliation of good/services receipt
- To participate in project work as identified relevant to the post and the skills of the post holder
- To undertake training as identified and agreed relevant to the post
- Promote equality as an integral part of the role, treating everyone with fairness and dignity
- Comply with health and safety policies, procedures and rules, taking reasonable care of self and others
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- 5 GCSE’s including English and Maths or equivalent
- NVQ in business admin (desirable)
- Good standard of written and spoken English
- At least three years experience of working in a busy office environment
- Ability to use Outlook, and a web browser to access information
- Advanced ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc)
- Ability to work with software packages
- Excellent customer service skills
- Willingness to learn and be flexible
- Good organisational skills; ability to anticipate work and to plan workload effectively to meet service needs.
- Excellent team member
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
PT Admin and Info Officer - Admin & Clerical
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.