- Pay Rate:
£14.99 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36.50 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 12 months
Police Staff Investigator
Reference no: Merseyside BL TCL350216
Pay rate £14.99 per hour PAYE
NVPPV Level 3 Vetting required
The role is not remote - it will be more field based from a hub/police station in Merseyside and probably travelling around Merseyside.
There is flexibility so you will be able to located at a hub/police station in Merseyside that is closest to your home address.
Undertake the investigation of serious and complex crime in accordance with the Investigation Allocation Model supporting Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 Investigations in order to increase public satisfaction and reduce the fear of crime
- To perform the role of case builder, preparing complex MG files and schedules in support of level 2 and 3 Investigations. Conduct the duties of Officer in the case, telecommunications officer, exhibits officer and disclosure as and when necessary and to review records and documentation obtained during the course of such investigations to ensure legal and procedural compliance and to identify further investigative opportunities.
- Have individual responsibility for allocated crimes and actions, multi task in different roles across a number of serious and complex investigations and manage workload without supervision identifying urgent matters in order to ensure that they are dealt with expeditiously and / or brought to the attention of the Detective Inspector through the appropriate line management.
- Completion of files and associated paperwork in respect of prosecutions. Where directed by the Detective Inspector act as the case officer in complex and serious crime investigations submitting time bound full and complete files of evidence to national standards for review by the Crown Prosecution Service and attend judicial proceedings to give evidence if required.
- Support Operational activity when suspects are arrested, including the seizure and handling of exhibits to evidential standards, interviewing witnesses, victims and suspects, taking statements and other follow up enquiries. Support witness management including contacting and interviewing witnesses and supporting witnesses throughout the criminal justice process.
- To effectively manage, recording and investigate of all Hate Crime. To provide specialist advice and support for all hate crime enquiries and investigations and work with partner agencies to develop strategies to prevent and reduce repeat offences and repeat victims.
- Support the warrants process including preparing paperwork in relation to obtaining search warrants from the courts in conjunction with police officers, execute search warrants and undertake searches.
- Obtain and present CCTV and other images in a computerised digital format to aid briefings and delivery of evidential presentation of such material by the Officer in the case, investigation team and Crown Prosecution Service. Conduct House to House enquiries when required.
- Be accountable for all Health and Safety issues, to include risk assessment, pertaining to the post holder’s area of responsibility in order to fulfil the statutory obligations of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974.
- Seek and exploit criminal intelligence opportunities in order to prevent and detect crime and to submit intelligence reports on suspected criminal activity as and when that intelligence becomes available.
- Undertake all responsibilities relating to information management, data quality, information sharing, intelligence and information security to ensure accordance with the Authorised Professional Practice (APP) on Information Management issued by the College Of Policing including Home Office Code of Practice on MoPI
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Proven inter-personal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to plan and organise, manage priorities, balancing their workload and work to deadlines monitoring delivery to ensure required standard is met
- Ability to work in a small team with minimum supervision
- Able to undertake relevant courses to enable them to conduct criminal investigations together with the ability to interview witnesses and victims and interview suspects. They must have or be able to work towards gaining a sound and accurate working knowledge of legislation and procedures relevant to the documenting, handling and storage of exhibits, the responsibilities and procedures in respect of disclosure
- Must be able to write and produce comprehensive letters and reports to a high standard
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Police Vacancy - only for candidates with a minimum of 3 years continuous UK address history.
Please note that this vacancy is subject to a strict security vetting procedure.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours. NB: Police Vacancy - only for candidates with a minimum of 3 years continuous UK address history.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- NVPPV Level 3 Clearance.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Police Staff Investigator
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.