- Pay Rate:
£11.46 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday - Friday, 08:30 - 17:00
This opening assignment is for 1 month (tbc)
Temporary Prosecution Team Officer x3
Reference no: N Yorkshire BL TCL 360884
Pay Rate: £11.46 per hour PAYE
36 Monday - Friday, 08:30 - 17:00
This opening assignment is for 1 month (tbc)
NB: Police Vacancy - only for candidates with a minimum of 5 years continuous UK address history. Please note that this vacancy is subject to a strict security vetting procedure.
Supporting the Prosecution Team with admin duties and additional Tasks. To assist in the provision of an effective and efficient Prosecution Team within the Criminal Justice Department serving North Yorkshire and the City of York. Assist in bringing offenders to justice, reducing ineffective /cracked trials and improving public confidence.
Working in a partnership environment, the team supports the objectives of colleagues, partner agencies, victims and witnesses. Ensuring that all duties and enquiries are dealt with in an accurate, speedy and professional manner with fine attention to detail that reflects the high standards that are required.
- Deliver accurate and professional customer service to all customers of the Criminal Justice Department.
- Liaison with Operational Police Officers, Police staff, CPS lawyers and staff and HMCTS courts personnel regarding case preparation and management.
- Abide by legislation and develop a sound working knowledge of relevant legislation and laws.
- Become the proficient in the use NICHE, PNC, PND, LIBRA, Xhibit, Origin, DORS, CJIT
- Perform registration of all files submitted to the Prosecution Team. These include;
- First hearing charge files
- Report for summons files
- Traffic offence files from NYP Traffic Bureau
- Other file submitted to the team.
- Preparation of case files for court hearings. These include;
- First hearing/ remand files
- Magistrates Court trial files
- Crown Court committal files
- Single Justice Procedure Traffic Offence Reports
- Postal Requisitions
- Preparation and liaison with court over the issuing of summons:
- Managing Postal Requisitions processes
- Managing Postal Charge processes
- Perform Quality assurance function on all case files in line with GDPR, Data Protection and Disclosure
- Research and notification of previous convictions
- Processing of CPS memorandums of advice including liaison with OIC, appropriate supervision; review and monitor or response to conclusion
- Occasional communication with victim and witnesses, where required and in liaison with Witness Care Unit.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Knowledge of the Criminal Justice System (desirable)
- Experience of working in a multi-agency environment (desirable)
- Experience of using Niche for case management (desirable)
- Experience of using PNC (desirable)
Skills & Abilities:
- Effective planning and organisational skills
- IT skills (Microsoft Office, database analysis and record management)
- Excellent communication / customer service skills
- Ability to work flexibly using own initiative and as part of the wider multi agency team
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Prosecution Team Officer x3
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.