- Pay Rate:
Up to £14.16 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
- Bolton, Great Manchester,
Temporary Property Officer – Housing
Reference no: Bolton 0006 F0E9 / 1
Pay Rate: Up to £14.16 per hour PAYE depending on experience
This opening assignment is for 2 months
The purpose of the role is to provide a property & garden maintenance and repair service to a portfolio of properties across Community Housing Services.
- Carry out maintenance and a wide range of repairs to a high standard throughout the property portfolio.
- Ensure the reporting of any non-routine repairs and / or those repairs deemed inappropriate to be dealt with by the Property Officer.
- Undertake post tenancy property inspections to assess repairs and maintenance requirements.
- Ensure that the accommodation / properties within the portfolio are maintained, checked and cleaned as required and in accordance with set down guidelines / procedures.
- Ensure that services in relation to Gas and Electricity are maintained by servicing pre-paid meters with relevant charge cards and reading of non-card meters.
- Maintain a wide range of tools and equipment in a manner which ensures their safe and efficient use.
- Carry out garden maintenance with regard to offices / properties in Community Housing Services portfolio. This includes grass cutting, strimming, hedge cutting and pruning.
- Responsibility for vehicle checks on allocated van and making sure legal requirements are met.
- Use provided vehicle to undertake property maintenance and delivery, collection and removal of goods. This includes the safe use of tail lifts fitted to vans.
- Remove, collect and / or deliver furniture / white goods to offices / properties, as directed.
- Responsibility for the purchase of supplies with corporate purchase card, subject to agreed limits, and associated monitoring and administration.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Must be willing to undertake appropriate training and development in order to meet the requirements of the post.
- This includes undertaking a Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) for driving larger vehicles and holding or obtaining a C1 licence.
Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience undertaking repairs and maintenance including plumbing, joinery, gardening and decorating.
- Skills, Knowledge and competence to deliver a variety of plumbing, joinery and decorating jobs to a high standard, this includes property repairs and maintenance.
- Dexterity and coordination skills with the ability to use speed and precision in the completion of tasks.
- Manual handling skills with the ability to use electrical power tools, including cleaning appliance and drills in adherence with Health & Safety guidelines
- Ability to work with a diverse range of properties with some expose to disagreeable working conditions.
- Ability to work within a team environment and under own supervision following briefing when required.
- Have problem solving skills with the ability to conduct minor repairs and maintenance tasks.
- Ability to plan, prioritise and co-ordinate workload in order to meet conflicting deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of customers, other members of staff and suppliers in a positive, helpful and professional manner.
- Ability to prepare accurate written records.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Property Officer – Housing
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.