- Pay Rate:
£28.33 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months, likely to be extended
- ELLESMERE PORT, Cheshire,
Interim Property Manager (Operational) Senior Surveyor
Reference no: Cheshire W TCL 5233807
Pay rate: £28.33 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months, likely to be extended
City: ELLESMERE PORT, Cheshire
Predominantly home based role with some office presence required plus site visits as appropriate
Full UK Driving Licence and own vehicle
Please state pay expectations (PAYE) and ensure your location is listed on your CV
The purpose of this role is to manage the operational estate ensuring repairs and maintenance are carried out, Health and Safety compliance, fit for purpose estate and to assist the asset management lead.
- Responsible for the management of the operational portfolio of land and property holdings and general tenant management functions.
- Review and challenge asset performance and contribute to the identification of opportunities to improve asset performance, including planned maintenance and investment requirements, and undertake property option appraisals to inform timely and effective decision making.
- Review and manage tenant applications and prepare ODNs within the required timescales and instructing solicitors as necessary.
- Ensure Health and Safety compliance.
- Responsible for provision of accurate insurance data to the Council Insurance team.
- Responsible for EPC data management and strategy across the estate to drive property performance and address the climate emergency in line with the council plan.
- Monitor and mentor the work of more junior grade Estates Surveyors and Estates Assistant staff as appropriate.
- Undertake other duties commensurate with the grade and as may from time to time be requested by senior managers.
- Liaison with other directorates and services within the council.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- GCSEs and A levels.
- RICS qualified.
- Good level of experience in Property Management within local authority.
- Experience of working successfully with internal and external stakeholders in developing and delivery of services.
- Demonstrate experience at managing complex property estates and portfolios ensuring compliance with Health and Safety, rent collections, service charge management.
- Evidence of successfully delivering complex projects desirable.
- Experience in financial reporting desirable.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Service Charges, rent collection procedures, assignments, repairs notices, Property Law, RICS Guidance.
- Up to date knowledge of RICS guidance, CIPFA Guidance, legislation, best practice, national and local standards, techniques and technical procedures in relation to the work area of the unit.
- Constantly updating knowledge of legislation relating to property management.
- Understand the principles of lease structure and be able to read a lease.
- Understand VAT, banking and credit control methods desirable.
Skills & Abilities:
- Able to use knowledge of law relating to property management in order to make recommendations to Senior Asset Manager.
- Able to build and maintain tenant and customer relationships.
- Be able to apply legal principles of tenant applications for consent and process to be followed.
- Ability to apply the principles of service charge management to ensure compliance with all regulatory and procedural requirements.
- Able to contribute to team and department’s business plan.
- Able to delegate, supervise and develop junior team members.
- Able to work as part of a team, supporting other team members and recognising the work of others.
- Ability to reach locations across the Borough effectively. Full UK Driving Licence and own vehicle.
- Able to prioritise and cope with a demanding workload.
- Able to deal with a workload of a highly complex nature.
- Able to work at short notice and adopt a flexible working pattern, including evening meetings, and possess successful coping techniques for work.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Property Manager (Operational) Senior Surveyor
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.