- Pay Rate:
£14.42 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Temporary Project Support Officer x2 / Administrative - Enterprise
Job Ref: WECA 5216882
Pay Rate: £14.42 per hour PAYE
Reporting to the Growth Hub Manager, the Project Support Officers will work in the Enterprise Team to support enterprise and business support activity delivered within the Business and Skills Directorate.
You will undertake tasks in a specialist service area that supports Executives delivering business support activity aimed to encourage indigenous businesses in the West of England to be productive, thrive and prosper driving economic growth. Core to the Project Support role will be the management of information on the EIIT CRM and as triage for incoming enquiries into the Enterprise team. The role will encompass a range of administrative responsibilities and complex project support in an innovative and often fast-paced environment, flexing and adapting with the needs of the Business and Skills directorate.
- First point of contact for Growth Hub web and phone enquiries, dealing with enquiries and problem solving for the public, funders, project partners and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Project promotion, working with the communications team and delivery partners, including coordinating case studies and quotes, creating and delivering presentations to stakeholders.
- Administration, processing and query handling with internal and external teams including finance (monitoring expenditure against budgets, inputting quarterly partner reporting data, cross-checking with database to verify and update forecasts), procurement, IT, evaluation and audit.
- Meeting and event management, including diary management, minute taking, chairing or presenting where appropriate, organising logistics for project-wide events.
- Use detailed knowledge of the specialist service area and joint working with delivery partners, evaluators and database providers for development of project delivery tools, infographics and presentations using a range of MS Office tools.
- Database operator of complex CRM system, including liaison with database provider and delivery partners for system administration, design of reports and audit tools, data audit, collation and analysis of data across project areas to inform project reporting.
- Train staff on using the bespoke EIIT CRM, and associated processes and procedures and reporting; auditing input and associated processes.
- Research as needed to contribute to continuous project innovation, bringing in-depth project knowledge to support continuous improvement.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience providing administrative support for a fast-paced and innovative specialist service area and its associated projects.
- Public speaking experience, able to confidently present information to individuals and groups.
- Training and coaching experience, able to convey complex processes to a range of audiences.
- Managing internal and public enquiries by phone, email and face to face.
- Database support including system administration, designing reports, audit and analysis of data.
- Developing documents and presentations in a range of styles and formats.
- Event management, including liaison with venues, logistics, invites, set up and delivery.
- Meeting support including diary management, minutes, chairing and presenting.
- Promoting projects to internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience of administration in a complex political environment or similar
- Excellent written and oral communications skills at all levels, with ability to create reports and presentations to a high standard with strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, capable of planning and prioritising own workload to meet deadlines.
- Flexible and agile with the ability to respond at pace to competing demands.
- Able to work as part of a team and build relationships with colleagues in partner organisations, with a focus on excellent customer service.
- Excellent IT skills including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database entry and reporting.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Project Support Officer x2 / Administrative - Enterprise
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.