- Pay Rate:
Up to £16.60 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
- Cambridge, Cambridgeshire,
Temporary Project Support Officer/Admin
Reference no: Cambridge 5227777
Pay Rate: Up to £16.60 per hour PAYE depending on experience
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
The purpose of the role is to deliver comprehensive and effective support to all aspects of the programme and project management process, with specific focus on supporting the implementation of the Council’s new governance model.
Provide support and advice to programme and project officers in the use and exploitation of the project management system PM3, specifically to promote good project status reporting and ensure projects conform to the Council’s governance framework.
- Act as a secretariat for Portfolio Boards, providing comprehensive administrative support, co-ordination and organising of project information, data and documents, diary management and note taking/ follow up actions, as required.
- Provide support and advice for programme and project officers to comply with the programme and project management process including planning, approvals, financial tracking, risk/issue management, status reporting and change control, through the programme and project management system.
- Manage and co-ordinate the use of the programme and project management software on behalf of the Corporate Programme Office making sure all projects and statuses are being updated in a timely manner, including liaison with senior managers, project officers and external stakeholders as necessary.
- Maintain the programme and project management system, providing advice and guidance for programme and project officers in using it, including informal training and management of user accounts, as well as liaison with the software supplier for issue resolution and upgrades etc.
- Monitor, administer and act as first point of contact for the Corporate Programme Office email account, including resolution of enquiries and assigning appropriate actions, processing of information and escalation of requests, as well as general maintenance and upkeep.
- Carry out any other duties as required by the Corporate Programme Office from time to time, in accordance with the grading of the post.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Good education or equivalent level of experience of working at a similar level in a project management or support environment.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of working in a project focused environment
- Proven experience of project management support, including diary management, minute taking and data collection.
- Experience of working with confidential, sensitive or contentious information.
- Experience of effectively handling multiple, sometimes competing agendas, meeting challenging deadlines and delivering under pressure.
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong organisational and time management skills, and evidence of working in a systematic manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work with and build rapport with staff at all levels.
- Methods and principles underpinning effective operational and project management.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to respond to changing priorities and work to tight project deadlines with limited supervision.
- Ability to deal with change and support new ways of working.
- Ability to organise own workload.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Project Support Officer/Admin
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.