- Pay Rate:
£19.98 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
- NEWBURY, Berkshire,
Full Job Title: Temporary Project Officer – Construction/Capital Projects
Job Reference: W Berkshire 5218904
Pay Rate: £19.98 per hour PAYE
This role is on a hybrid basis, ideally 2 days a week in the office and 3 days from home. A full driving licence is required to be able to attend site visits as and when required.
To assist the Project Delivery Team Leader in the project management and delivery of the capital projects and capital maintenance programme and other relevant strategic and service objectives.
- Acting as Project Officer in delivering the Council’s construction related capital projects and capital maintenance programme (CMP).
- To utilise and implement effective use of the Project Management Methodology in delivery of capital projects.
- To assist in developing a 3 year programme of capital maintenance works
- To report and present project progress at monthly project review meetings using the project management templates status and cost updates on all allocated projects.
- Provide professional advice and service to all clients and customers
- To continuously improve and assist in ensuring all key performance indicators and other set objectives are exceeded where possible
- To develop for each project with the Client a procurement and delivery process that takes into account project value, cost, complexity, risk and value for money
- To monitor on a project by project basis performance of professional consultants and at the end of each project complete consultant evaluation form.
- At the end of each project issue a customer satisfaction and lessons learnt review.
- To assist in the preparation, monitoring and update of policies in respect of all matters associated with the Property Team.
- To monitor evaluate and analyse budgets, exercising budgetary control measures, including the monitoring of all costs against agreed budgets and ensuring clients are kept informed at all key stages.
- Professionally manage delivery of projects by external consultants and contractors and ensure that all contracted parties fully meet appropriate standards, terms and conditions of their engagement.
- To assist in developing and improving all processes and procedures relating to the management of the Council’s property portfolio.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Professional qualification relevant to property/project management
- Training in health and safety issues affecting buildings and construction sites
- Educated to degree level
- Three years’ experience working in construction project management
- Knowledge and understanding:
- Sound knowledge and understanding of financial planning, budget monitoring and construction cost control
- Demonstrable evidence of project management experience with an understanding of Prince 2 standard or equivalent.
- Understanding of the local government environment
- Minimum of 12 months recent office administration experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- ICT Skills:Competent use Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.), and web browsers to access information
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Other Work-Related Requirements: Full driving licence and able to make regular and frequent site visits at various locations.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Project Officer – Construction/Capital Projects
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.