- Pay Rate:
£33.29 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- KENSINGTON, LONDON,
Interim Project Manager - Management
Reference no: K&C 5227445 & 5227446
Pay rate £33.29 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Basic DBS disclosure required
Candidates must have a background in Building Fabric Surveying and Project Management. Must have a background in building M&E and Project Management
To deliver Capital projects on behalf of Social Investment & Property and other RBKC departments, ensuring best practice in project management (including associated procurement and contract management) to both successful and efficient delivery, leading to excellent customer satisfaction. Input into the Project Management function to ensure best practice project management so that it is developed, embedded and delivered across all projects including by the supply chain and other providers. Understand the Councils’ property and accommodation strategies and requirements and deliver those projects you are responsible for to achieve these strategies. To ensure high quality architectural, engineering and surveying advice and in addition meet all compliance with regulatory and statutory requirements
- Ensure best practice is maintained in relation to Projects Management, Customer and Supplier Relationship Management and Contract Management (including performance management).
- To deliver effective procurement approaches in line with current Council policies, meeting legislative and EU requirements, as well as demonstrating best practice.
- To procure external service providers (who will provide construction project management and related consultancy services), contractors and other specialist professional advice, following construction best practice guidelines.
- To develop and implement a project framework to enable works falling outside of the service provider threshold to be tendered, procured and managed by the project management team. Must follow Council governance processes and be able to manage a project and the procurement process in its entirety,
- Maintain close liaison with project owners as well as supplier / service providers (in particular building project managers and project teams) to ensure successful project delivery and handover to service users.
- Manage supplier’s project performance against agreed programme, cost, quality and safety criteria, providing prompt advice to the Contract Manager of any reoccurring or unresolved supplier performance issues.
- Ensure adequate planning and the requisite monitoring and evaluation of project management related activities e.g. design, procurement, risk management, quality and change control and client satisfaction.
- To write Committee and Leadership Team reports, departmental contract board reports, contract review board reports, briefing notes, external enquiries, committee reports, as required.
- To report and liaise with the Senior Leadership Team as well as Members on income and expenditure budgets, performance, capital budgets, and to report on the progress and performance of the asset programme and capital strategy.
- Financial controls – ensure all project expenditure commitments, (orders, contracts, budgets etc) and all valuations, certificates and payments are promptly and properly authorised, controlled and monitored
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Recognised project management qualification
- Prince 2 or equivalent Member of a related property based Professional Body (such as Chartered Surveyor, Chartered Building Surveyor or Chartered Architect or Chartered Structural, Civil or Mechanical Engineer, or BIFM)
- Demonstrable knowledge of the construction industry in the UK including knowledge of procurement legislation, supplier and contract management and hands on experience of different types of construction contracts, both traditional and partnering style contracts
- In-depth knowledge of Building fabric Surveying
- Experience of dealing with senior management, stakeholders and elected Members
- Effective report writing skills
- Analytical and decision-making skills
- Ability to manage large budgets
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Project Manager - Management
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.