- Pay Rate:
£321.29 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- SOUTHWARK, London,
Full Job Title: Interim Project Manager (Major Works) – Asset Management
Job Reference: Southwark 5218637
Pay Rate: £321.29 per day PAYE
Responsible for providing, management, leadership, direction and motivation for project design & delivery teams including internal and external staff. The Project Manager will be responsible for managing a team of internal and external service providers, technical & professional advisors and suppliers to facilitate high levels of service delivery to the council and community . Manages customer expectations, sets & achieves standards of quality, workmanship and customer focus.
To lead and manage borough-wide programmes and/or area based contracts providing the managerial direction demanded. Monitor and control expenditure of all delegated Capital and revenue budgets for Investment Programme. To manage, motivate, supervise, develop and support all staff within the remit of the post-holder. Participate and contribute to the wider development of the borough and estate management service through liaison with the Area management team and other stakeholders and other partners.
- To contribute to the development, co-ordination and implementation of the Council’s strategic plans of customer focused and cost-effective Investment Programme, schemes, contracts, works packages and regeneration projects.
- To be responsible for driving the direction and performance of borough wide and Area Housing investment based schemes, work packages, regeneration schemes including quality, budget and financial control to ensure significant benefits of refurbishment and regeneration are achieved. Be responsible for checking the appropriate procedures and consequential control measures are in place and are undertaken by both directly managed and indirectly managed staff.
- Responsible for the overall management of internal and external technical staff who make design advice recommendations during all stages of procurement , inception and delivery of investment schemes , work packages and regeneration projects .
- To lead and co-ordinate with associated work programmes, sometimes run by other Clients, including planned preventative maintenance, voids, mechanical and electrical, and complex regeneration projects involving new build and multi tenure, carrying out financial and options appraisals and gaining the support of all Clients and participants through persuasion and negotiation and programme planning .
- To ensure appropriate monitoring systems are in place including the development and maintenance of close working relations at a senior level with a range of contacts internal and external to the authority.
- Evaluate effectiveness of contracts, service provider’s products and consultants used and to make recommendations on changes or developments as required .This may include the application of penalties to the provider / suppliers up to recommending termination of a service where performance consistently fails to meet required standards.
- Responsible for a portfolio which includes the overall procurement, management , approval process and delivery of all individual projects, schemes or work packages for example through the use of tendering, framework and partnering contracts, framework consultants, which may include full OJEU procurement procedures, and to actively participate in groups designed to achieve efficiency and cost improvements.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Project Manager with considerable strategic and operational leadership expertise acquired within the construction industry.
- Ability to fully maximise resources whilst maintaining a cohesive team
- Knowledge & Experience:
- Previous experience of working at a senior level with direct responsibility for large scale refurbishment and regeneration schemes
- Experience of Budgetary Control
- Experience of recruitment of contractors
- Knowledge and experience of procurement in construction management (OJEU process and JCT Minor Works contracts)
- Experience of the compilation of project review reports.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Project Manager (Major Works) – Asset Management
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.