- Pay Rate:
£250.00 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- NEWHAM, London,
Job Reference: Newham RQ730140
Pay Rate: £250.00 per day PAYE
Project management of the post contract delivery of the Council’s house building programme; to deliver additional supply of council housing in the borough through regeneration, redevelopment and construction of new-build projects in the Affordable Homes for Newham Programme.
To realise the Council’s development aspirations through the successful delivery of a range of development contracts. Act as the lead representative and key project manager of each contract ensuring a quality product is provided for the Council’s residents. Ensure the Council’s requirements are met and the interests of the Council are protected with regard to, but not limited to; contractual compliance, programme management, legal requirements, building control, charging, audit, health and safety, and quality.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key external partners, designers, contractors, developers, and land agents etc. to construct new affordable housing. To work with contactors and consultants, and other external stakeholders to deliver projects in line with the Council’s procedural, legal and external audit requirements. Representing the Council when required at external meetings, consultations etc. Ensuring that a quality product and all schemes are delivered on time, within budget, and to the high quality expected by the Council and our residents.
- To work with internal stakeholders such as housing, sales, finance, asset management, to forecast and realise the successful assimilation of new affordable housing schemes into the wider Council housing stock.
- Partner with the multi-disciplinary teams, in particular development team and design lead to ensure buildability of projects. This includes ensuring any possible maintenance issues are mitigated at design and build stage.
- Monitor and report consistently on works progress to Senior Construction Manager, Design lead and other members of the Housing Delivery Team as appropriate.
- Engage with the Housing Delivery Team and Regeneration to understand business needs and assist with the development and implementation of individual service area plans.
- Ensure Newham policies and the highest health and safety procedures are followed and met in projects signed off. This includes raising any potential safety issues immediately with Senior Management and advising on appropriate actions to mitigate any risks.
- Implement project monitoring and sign off procedures, leading to continuous improvement in final build outcomes across the Housing Delivery Team and Regeneration.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- An appropriate degree level qualification
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors membership or equivalent recognised institutional body is desirable but not essential.
- Significant knowledge and understanding of the residential construction process and managing residential construction projects which include affordable housing
- An experienced project manager with a demonstrable track record of successfully delivering the construction of a variety of complex development and regeneration schemes within a similar organisation with comparable scope of responsibilities, budget and resources
- Experience of commissioning, instructing and client managing a range of professional consultancy services
- Experience of working with the GLA’s project systems and knowledge of the GLA / HCA bid submission process and information
- requirements and thorough knowledge of the GLA and Homes England working practices
- Extensive experience of working with developers/contractors and employers agents.
- Able to demonstrate strong experience and knowledge of construction delivery of additional affordable housing supply
- Proven experience of implementing legal agreements for affordable housing supply, including knowledge of S106 agreements and unilateral undertakings
- Experience of dealing with resident and public complaints and consultation and engagement
- A high degree of commercial awareness and an ability to critique financial appraisals, manage costs, maintain and improve quality, deliver construction to set timescales, manage risk and anticipate problems and opportunities
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of traditional and modern methods of construction including promoting and encouraging innovation and a culture of continuous improvement
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the planning process and relevant national, regional and local planning and regeneration policy and legislation. In depth knowledge and understanding of current legislation, issues and policies at local and national level in relation to housing supply
- Thorough understanding of construction forms and techniques including construction costs, and ability to knowledgeably advise the client.
- Ability to represent the council during bid interviews and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including the Microsoft Office suite, and the ability to use specialist or project management software (such as Spreadsheets or SDS Sequel) to project manage schemes on site.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Project Manager - Housing Development
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.