- Pay Rate:
£320.23 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 8 months, likely to be extended
- Waterloo, London,
Interim Project Manager- IT
Reference no: TL 0007 65E5 / 1
Pay Rate: £320.23 per day PAYE
This opening assignment is for 8 months, likely to be extended
Hybrid working – in the office 2 days a week
Basic DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role
The role will have responsibility and accountability for delivering the projects to time, budget, scope and quality, supporting the Programme Manager, and will optimise the allocation and utilisation of project and programme management professionals, subject matter experts and external suppliers.
- Accountable for the delivery of large projects with a combined value of up to £40 million, using delivery methodology and governance structures, to time, budget, scope and quality.
- Responsible for directing the day-to-day work and managing the allocation and utilisation of extensive teams of project management professionals, subject matter experts and suppliers in a matrix-managed setting.
- Responsible for providing effective performance and development management responsibilities for up to eight direct reports, with regards to appraisals and performance management, (such that poor performance is clearly identified and addressed and good performance is recognised and rewarded), capability and succession planning.
- Responsible for the management of the delivery of the assigned projects in line with agreed plans and budgets, assuring the quality of all deliverables and outputs, supporting the review of the business case and managing and agreeing any changes / deviations in scope with the Sponsor/Client team; and managing the transition process of the project back to the client at completion.
- Responsible for compliance with relevant health and safety legislation and contributing to the Health and Safety culture, resolving arising issues or escalating as appropriate and ensuring safe delivery in line with the Surface Safety vision of “Everyone home safe and healthy every day”.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of project governance, reporting and control structures, with issues, risks and decisions escalated through the agreed current Governance arrangements as appropriate.
- Accountable for managing the day-to-day relationship between the project team and the Sponsor/Client team creating a culture of collaboration aligned with directorate goals, through using the agreed project governance and working practices that enable the Sponsor and delivery teams to discharge their responsibilities effectively and achieve desired project outputs and outcomes.
- Accountable for the day-to-day management of external suppliers and delivery partners, to ensure they deliver outputs in line with the terms of their contract, resolving issues arising or escalating as appropriate.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Degree or equivalent qualification.
- Professional Qualification in Project Management, such as PRINCE2 or APMP.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of working in a complex, multi-disciplinary, matrix-managed environments.
- Proven record of taking personal responsibility and accountability for delivery of projects to £20m in value, in a large, complex organisation where there are multiple interfaces, and delivering to time, budget and quality.
- Experience of personal responsibility and accountability for leading and managing teams in a matrix environment in a complex organisation.
- Experience of managing performance and delivery through external contractors and/or suppliers.
- Experience of managing and delivering at management level.
- Experience of managing high-performing teams/resources through the effective management, development and empowerment of staff.
- Strong Project Manager understanding core project competencies with experience of IT / IT system projects.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
- Good knowledge and understanding of project and programme management methodologies and their practical application in a transport setting.
- Good knowledge and understanding of project control tools and techniques.
- Good understanding of project and programme management methodologies and processes.
- Good knowledge and understanding of project budgeting, procurement processes and contract management in a project setting.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Project Manager - IT
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.