- Pay Rate:
Up to £600 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 12 months
Interim Project Finance Specialist - Credit Risk -Hybrid Working – PSR 1JP00066041
Pay Rate: Up to £600 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Location: London for one day a week
The role of Project Finance Specialist sits in the Project and Structured Finance team.
It is essential that you have experience of analysing credit risk of project finance transactions, you will be able to manage the credit risk on transactions.
You will manage the accurate credit assessment, analysis and due diligence of both new and existing exposures for Project Finance cases produced by the team.
You should have a good level of knowledge and experience of these areas and will be responsible for managing the end to end case work that falls within them.
You will also lead meetings and discussions on complex cases which may include novel features and structures - including negotiations with exporters and buyers - and oversee the production of high quality credit risk assessments for presentation to decision-makers.
Security Clearance: client may consider putting candidate through SC clearance therefore you must be eligible to be put through SC. Existing security clearance is not a prerequisite but will always help.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for leading negotiations with external stakeholders on international Project Finance case negotiation meetings as Team lead Credit Risk representative to ensure that new proposed business is optimally structured and firmly within organisational predetermined risk appetite. This may involve complex commercial, financial and legal structures and transactions including novel and unusual features.
- Liaising with multiple stakeholders – most notably Business Group and external clients – but also numerous internal stakeholders including Legal Division, Internal Audit and Underwriting Products and Policy Division.
- Production of credit risk ratings and LGDs for project and structured finance cases in accordance with rating methodologies for new and existing transactions
- Interrogation of Project Finance cashflow models, including assessment of downside sensitivities.
- Interrogation of due diligence materials, including technical, legal, insurance, market, environmental and financial due diligence.
- Ensuring that credit risk implications of ESG and climate change are explored and analysed in close collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensuring that all submissions to Credit Committee are succinct, well structured, coherent, logical and fit for purpose.
- Identifying and recommending appropriate risk mitigation techniques for project finance case risks.
- Continuously demonstrating subject matter expertise in both Project and Structured Finance Analysis. Recognition as subject matter expert both internally, particularly by RAD and Business Group staff and externally.
- Input into the development and monitoring of policies to manage Project and Structured Finance risk.
- Managing and motivating their team in the production of high quality and timely credit analysis.
Who you are:
- Worked in a credit risk team focused on project finance
- Experience negotiation complex project finance loan documentation
- Understanding of the key factors influencing the probability of default and loss given default related project
- Security Clearance: client will put candidate through SC clearance therefore they must be eligible to be put through SC
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Project Finance Specialist - Credit Risk
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.